YouTuber from the popular Testing Games channel decided to find out how good the 12-year-old Intel Core i7-860 is in modern games. He compared it to the brand new Intel Core i7-11700K.
The test PC configuration is as follows:
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Motherboard: ASRock H55 Pro for i7-860 and ASUS ROG Z590 Maximus XIII Hero for i7-11700K
- RAM: 32 GB
- Cooler: Zalman CNPS10X Performa
- Video card: GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB
- Power Supply: CORSAIR RM850i 850W
The results are below:
- Call of Duty: Warzone – 61 fps (i7-860), 199 fps (i7-11700K)
- CYBERPUNK 2077 – 36 fps (i7-860), 128 fps (i7-11700K)
- Death Stranding – 75 fps (i7-860), 198 fps (i7-11700K)
- Project Cars – 51 fps (i7-860), 135 fps (i7-11700K)
- The Witcher 3 – 70 fps (i7-860), 198 fps (i7-11700K)
- Battlefield V – 73 fps (i7-860), 201 fps (i7-11700K)
- Hitman 3 – 73 fps (i7-860), 189 fps (i7-11700K)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – 35 fps (i7-860), 88 fps (i7-11700K)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – 44 fps (i7-860), 148 fps (i7-11700K)
It is obvious that even a powerful video card, a large amount of RAM and other top-end PC parameters are not able to compensate for the backwardness of an ancient processor.
From other interesting news: Youtuber compared the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti in modern games – so how?
Subscribe to our Zen channel not to miss the most interesting news.