38 people were evacuated in the Luhansk region, including 12 children
38 people were evacuated from the Lugansk region/Luhansk OVA
Civilians continue to be evacuated from the Lugansk region. In particular, on May 20, 38 people were taken out.
Head of the Luhansk OVA Serhiy Gaidai told about this. He added that there were 12 children among the evacuees.
38 people were evacuated from the Luhansk region
Gaidai said that on May 20, the police of the Lugansk region were able to go to Belogorivka again and pick up 8 people. Residents of Lisichansk and Severodonetsk were also evacuated. In particular, 12 people decided to leave the school, which the Russian invaders shelled in the morning in Severodonetsk.
Those who refused to be evacuated were moved to other shelters in the city. A total of 38 people were taken out, including 12 children. Everyone is already safe,” added the head of the OVA.
Gaidai called on everyone who is in the settlements of the Luhansk region to stay in shelters, because the Russian invaders continue to shell the region.
38 people were evacuated in the Luhansk region/Luhansk OVA
About the situation in the Lugansk region
- Russian invaders continue to continuously shell the settlements of the Lugansk region. The enemy has concentrated his occupying troops in this region.
- Russia has thrown all its forces to seize Severodonetsk and take control of the Lisichansk-Bakhmut highway.
- Also, the Luhansk OVA said that Ukraine controls only 10% of the region's territory. In general, 42 settlements are under the control of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- In addition, Russia is creating a humanitarian catastrophe in the Lugansk region. Because of the shelling, the area was completely left without electricity. Also, almost all settlements have no water and gas.
- During May 19, the Russian military destroyed many residential buildings in the Luhansk region. In just one day, 13 people were killed.
- As a result of enemy shelling, massive fires broke out. Entire streets were burned in places. In particular, 5 housing facilities burned out in Nyrkovo, 6 buildings in Zolote, 3 in Vrubovka, and 3 more in Rubizhne. It is not yet possible to count the damage in Toshkivka, because the fighting continues there.
- At the same time, Ukrainian defenders blew up bridges near Rubizhne. Such actions of our fighters helped to stop the attack of the aggressor troops on Severodonetsk and Lisichansk.