A gas station broke out in Boryspil: a fuel truck caught fire with 10,000 liters of fuel
In Boryspil, a fire broke out at one of the gas stations, about which eyewitnesses immediately began to talk. Soon it became known that the cause was the fire of a fuel truck.
24 The channel spoke with the press secretary of the State Emergency Service in the Kiev region Victoria Ruban. She said that the fire at the gas station was eliminated.
Building saved from fire
According to the State Emergency Service, 15 pieces of equipment and 60 people worked on taming the fire. According to the preliminary version, a fuel truck caught fire. The cause of the fire is still being determined.
It is known that the fire from the car was transferred to the canopy of the gas station. Luckily, the flames were extinguished. Also , both the gas station building itself and 60 tons of fuel were saved from the flames. The elements destroyed only the canopy.
The situation was commented by the chief of police of the Kyiv region Andrey Nebitov. He noted that law enforcement officers are already engaged in clarifying the circumstances of the fire.
According to the truck driver, today at about 5 am he was heading to Cherkasy, stopped at a gas station, turned on the heating, and after a while saw a fire under the cab. 10,000 liters of fuel were stored in the tank,” Nebitov said.
What is known about the fire
As they say on the network, the fire broke out in Boryspil at dawn. Around 04:50 , a DAF XF fuel truck caught fire on the territory of the Motto gas station. Other telegram channels report that the fire broke out later. Be that as it may, but subsequently the flame spread from the vehicle to the gas station itself.
The fire completely destroyed the canopy / Photo from telegram channels
The column of smoke was thick and powerful. He was seen on the track in kilometers. Actually, eyewitnesses actively uploaded a video of the fire to the network.
Previously, a service station was on fire in Kyiv
- Note that in early March, a service station was on fire in Kyiv. Then a large-scale fire was tamed by 13 firefighters and 3 pieces of equipment.
- There was a fire on March 2 at about 08:51 on Bandera Avenue. As of 09:19, the flames were extinguished.
- According to the State Emergency Service, a fire broke out at the plant. The flame broke out in the box of the service station
- Then netizens also posted photos. They could see a thick column of smoke rising into the sky.
- The speaker of the State Emergency Service Svetlana Vodolaga said that no one was injured or killed as a result of the fire. Rescuers did everything to quickly localize and eliminate the fire.