Secretary Blinken: The US will provide a response to Moscow’s proposals next week
Photo: press service of the Russian Foreign Ministry / RIA Novosti
The leadership of the United States will provide a written response to Russian security proposals next week, US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said. This is reported by TASS.
“Today we agreed that next week we will share our ideas in writing, our responses to the concerns expressed by Russia, and our concerns, which we will also share with Russia in writing,” the diplomat said.
At a press conference, Blinken accused Russia of plans to overthrow the Ukrainian government. He also mentioned Moscow’s military exercises, which are currently being conducted by Russian servicemen in Belarus. In his opinion, a large concentration of troops turns the territory of Ukraine’s northern neighbor into a new springboard for invasion.
Earlier on January 21, talks between Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken ended in Geneva. The dialogue lasted only an hour and a half. Even before the event, both diplomats said they did not expect any breakthroughs in the current relations between Moscow and Washington from the meeting. Following the meeting, the diplomats held press conferences on the results of the negotiation process.