Blinken threatened to strike at Chinese companies if Russia supplies lethal weapons
The US may impose sanctions against Chinese companies and individuals. This will happen if Beijing provides Moscow with lethal aid for the war against Ukraine.
This was stated by US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken. According to him, Beijing will have serious problems in relations with other countries if China violates US sanctions against Russia because of the war in Ukraine.
Blinken threatened to hit Chinese companies
We've been following this very closely since day one, and the reason I raised this issue not only with Wang Yi last week, but publicly, is because we're concerned based on the information we have. That China is considering moving from non-lethal support provided by some of its companies to de facto lethal material support for Russia's military efforts in Ukraine, the US Secretary of State said.
According to Blinken, the US warned China about the consequences of providing such support to Russia. If this happens, Chinese companies or individuals will be sanctioned.
“China cannot have both sides when it comes to Russian aggression in Ukraine. You cannot put forward peace proposals on the one hand, and on the other, actually fuel the fire that Russia has kindled,” the US Secretary of State added.
China proposes 'peace plan'
- China calls to respect the sovereignty of all countries, abandon the “cold war mentality”, and sit down at the negotiating table.
- China's proposal includes, inter alia, an end to unilateral sanctions. China is demanding an end to the “abuse of sanctions” that are not approved by the UN Security Council – these are the sanctions against Russia.
- China also noted a decrease in strategic risks.
- In addition, China is ready to join the post-war reconstruction of Ukraine.
- By the way, in the “peace plan” China calls the war “Ukrainian crisis”.