British intelligence has named the reason why Russian tanks often tear off the tower after strikes
Occupiers have heavy losses in Ukraine/General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
the occupiers in Ukraine are losing a large number of battle tanks. This is due to the low level of dynamic armor protection.
When used correctly, dynamic armor protection (ERA – channel 24) the effectiveness of the input shells is reduced before they hit the tank. This was stated in the intelligence of Great Britain.
Why the invaders are losing a lot of tanks
Intelligence noted that Russian forces have not corrected their habit of bad use of ERA, which dates back to the First Chechen War in 1994.
Probably, many Russian tank crews lack training to maintain dynamic protection. This results in either a poor fit of the explosive elements, or its complete failure.
The war has witnessed numerous failures by Russian commanders to enforce low-level combat discipline, such as the use of reactive armor, the department noted.
The Defense Ministry added that the cumulative effect of these failures is a significant factor in the overall low effectiveness of Russian forces.
Actual losses of the enemy as of August 18
- personnel – almost 44,300 (+200) people liquidated,
- tanks – 1,889 (+3) units,
- armored combat vehicles – 4,179 (+17) units,
- artillery systems – 1,010 (+17) units,
- MLRS – 265 (+2) units,
- air defense systems – 136 units,
- aircraft – 234 (+1) units,
- helicopters – 197 (+1) units,
- UAVs of the operational-tactical level – 793 (+1) units,
- cruise missiles – 190 units,
- ships and boats – 15 units,
- automotive equipment and tankers – 3,061 (+7) units ,
- special equipment – 93 units.