Explosions on June 8 sounded in the Sumy region (illustrative photo)/EPA
The Russian military again fired at the border area of the Sumy region. More than 10 explosions are known in advance.
Relevant information was reported in the operational command “North”. All explosions thundered approximately from 21:00 to 21:15 on June 8, on the 105th day of the full-scale war that Russia launched against Ukraine.
Occupiers again attacked the Sumy region
By the evening of June 8 Russian invaders once again fired from the territory of Russia on the border of the Sumy region. In particular, it is known that:
- recorded 14 explosions;
- explosions were heard in the direction of Yekaterinovka;
- preliminary – hit from a mortar.
Fortunately, there were no losses among personnel and equipment. As of the evening of June 8, no information had yet been received about the dead or wounded among the local population, as well as damage to civilian infrastructure.
The Russian army is still stationed near the border with Sumy region
Andrei Demchenko, a spokesman for the State Border Service, said on June 7 that Russia continues to hold military units in its border areas opposite the Chernihiv and Sumy regions. That is, it is known that Russia:
- holds about 3 battalion tactical groups there;
- however, it does not form a strike force that could repeat the invasion of the territory of Ukraine.
Briefly about the latest attacks of the invaders in the Sumy region
- Approximately at 12 o'clock on June 8, the invaders fired at the border village of the Shostka district of the Sumy region. The State Border Service reported that the fire was opened from the Russian checkpoint Troebortnoe. Unfortunately, the enemy destroyed the premises of the State Border Service.
- In the evening of June 7, the occupiers again fired at the Sumy region. Particularly residential areas. As a result of the attack, at least 6 people's houses were damaged. The head of the Sumy regional military administration, Dmitry Zhivitsky, said that one person was injured.
- On June 6, Russians from mortars inflicted 4 blows on the Velykopisarevskaya community. Subsequently, there were approximately 30 “arrivals” through the territory of the Shalygin community. After that, 10 more “arrivals” through the territory of the Velikopisarevskaya community.
- On June 5, Russian invaders fired 2 enemy rockets into the Sumy region. In particular, in the Shostka district and the Belopolskaya community. In addition, the enemies attacked the settlements of the Shostka region with mortars.
- In addition, on June 4, Russian mercenaries fired 6 air-to-ground missiles. The resulting explosion damaged residential buildings in one of the settlements of the Sumy community.