Canon EOS: how to count the number of camera triggers
With the help of a small and free tool, you can easily find out the number of frames taken by a Canon EOS camera:
- Download the free EOS Camera Info utility v1.2.
- After unpacking the zip file, connect your Canon to your computer via USB. In this case, the camera must be turned off.
- Now turn on your Canon camera. The driver installation process may go. In this case, wait for the process to complete.
- In the next step, launch the EOS Camera Info software. Now, when you turn Canon off again, the number of times the camera has been triggered will be displayed in the application window next to Shutter Count.
How to check camera mileage without EOS Camera
Unfortunately, the tool does not work with these Canon versions: Canon 300D, Canon 70D, Canon 750D, Canon 760D, Canon 5DS, as well as Canon 5DS R and Canon 1D X Mark II. However, this does not mean that you will not be able to find out the mileage of unsupported models at all.
- An alternative to EOS Camera Info is ShutterCount, which can also read your camera information. However, ShutterCount only works on Mac or iOS. Also, the tool is not free at all, but its low price, about 450 rubles, makes it quite affordable.
- Windows users can use the free Eosmsg program. In this case, you will also need to connect the camera to the PC in the off state and only then turn it on.
- How to enable software TPM in Windows 11
- How to block individual sites in different browsers