Defendant's testimony in MH17 case released for the first time in court

World News

Defendant's testimony in MH17 case released for the first time in court

The defendant in the case of the death of the Malaysian Boeing near Donetsk, Oleg Pulatov, first testified at the trial. The video recording of the defendant's speech was presented on Tuesday, November 3, in a Dutch court, Interfax reports.

According to the former commander, the militias of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) may have mentioned Buk anti-aircraft missile systems (SAM) in negotiations. Thus, they tried to misinform the Ukrainian military, who could listen to their talks. Pulatov also said that on July 16, 2014, the day before the Boeing disaster, he
“Injected information on misleading about the disabling of Strela-10.”

“I never saw a Buk missile. At least, there was no Buk missile in my subordinate units, ”Pulatov said in a released post.

Earlier on November 3, a court in the Netherlands again requested satellite data from the United States from the crash site of a Malaysian Boeing in Ukraine in 2014. “This request is currently being processed. The investigating judge answered a number of US questions. So far, there has been no response to our request, ”said Judge Hendrik Steenhuis.

A Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 on flight MH17 from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed in the Donetsk region on July 17, 2014. There were 298 people on board, all of whom died. The international investigation team, following the investigation, named the names of the defendants in the case of the Boeing crash. These are Russians Igor Girkin (Strelkov), Oleg Pulatov, Sergey Dubinsky and Ukrainian Leonid Kharchenko. All of them, according to the investigation, are related to the movement of the Buk complex, from which, presumably, the liner was shot down.

Leave a Reply

four × three =