Denmark has allocated a new package of military assistance to Ukraine for 140 million: what does it involve
The Danish Ministry of Defense announced the provision of a powerful new assistance package to Ukraine in the amount of $140 million. It includes, among other things, missiles for our air defense, machine guns and anti-tank mines.
The Danish Ministry of Defense announced the creation of the so-called “Ukrainian Fund”, which will allow Copenhagen to continue to strongly support Kyiv.
What is known about the new aid from Denmark
I am very glad that the majority in the Danish Parliament are uniting to help Ukraine in its struggle for freedom. This is a large donation package of 1 billion Danish crowns (over 140 million dollars – Channel 24) that we are sending to Ukraine, the acting defense minister said.
Troels Lund Poulsen noted that Ukraine does not have enough ammunition, so the donation package contains materials that Ukraine very specifically requested.
The Danish Ministry of Defense said that the package will include:
- ammunition for 5.56 mm pistols;
- heavy machine guns of 12.7 mm caliber;
- more anti-tank mines;
- means for artillery ammunition of caliber 155 millimeters;
- additional missiles for air defense;
- bomb disposal works – 21 pieces;
- the purchase of non-lethal materials through NATO in the amount of about 100 million DKK;
- 15 military generators;
- 8,000 hats and 15,000 rain gear;
- 9 mobile workshops for the repair of military equipment;
- 6 hangar tents.
Ukraine thanked Denmark
Thanks to the Danish Parliament, the government and the people of Denmark for the creation of the Ukraine Support Fund. DKK 7 billion in military, humanitarian and economic support will help us through these difficult times,” said Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov.
It should be noted that the head of the Servant of the People party, Elena Shulyak, said that Europe is faced with the fact that European values and principles can no longer be taken simply for granted – they need to be protected, they need to be fought for.
And civilized countries are with us in this struggle. Success directly depends on the support of our partners, on the European perspective of Ukraine. And we are sincerely grateful for all the help,” added Shulyak.
How Denmark helps Ukraine: briefly
- Denmark has supported Ukraine since the beginning of a full-scale invasion of Russia. So, in 2022, Copenhagen allocated more than $40 million to help Kyiv for the purchase of weapons and equipment.
- In January 2023, Denmark announced the transfer of 19 French-made Caesar artillery mounts to the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- In March 2023, the Danish Ministry of Defense announced that their government was working with Germany and the Netherlands to transfer at least 100 Leopard 1 tanks to Ukraine. As for the timing, Kiev could receive the first tanks in the spring of 2023.