Deputies of the Servant of the People initiate the simplification of the dismissal of the Ombudsman for the Protection of the State Language.
This institution monitors the implementation of the language law.
The corresponding bill, number 6336, has already been registered.
More than 30 deputies, including Maksim Buzhansky, Daniil Getmantsev, Serhiy Severin, Irina Allakhverdieva, Galina Tretyakova, proposed a draft Law on amendments to some laws of Ukraine to clarify the procedure for reporting and dismissing the Ombudsman for the Protection of the State Language. Evgeny Bragar, Yulia Grishina and others.
According to the text of the law, the language ombudsman is proposed to be dismissed according to two criteria: recognition by the Cabinet of Ministers of the ombudsman's activities as unsatisfactory based on the results of consideration of the annual report, and in other cases on the proposal of the prime minister.
– This will eliminate the gap in the legislation, which is the absence of political responsibility for the failure to fulfill or dishonest fulfillment of his duties by the ombudsman, – the deputies are sure.
Now the ombudsman is appointed and dismissed by the Cabinet.
Now there are only 9 reasons in the law , according to which the language ombudsman can be dismissed:
- filing an application,
- for health reasons,
- violation of incompatibility requirements,
- prosecution for violation of the law,
- supporting multilingualism contrary to the Constitution,
- termination of his citizenship,
- recognition of his missing or in case of his death.
This list is exceptional and there are no other reasons for dismissal yet. Deputies from the Servant of the People propose to dismiss him simply on the recommendation of the prime minister or recognizing his work as unsatisfactory.