“Dream” was supposed to fly to Germany: a refusal came at the last moment – Bild
An An-225 Mriya cargo plane was supposed to fly to Germany immediately after the start of a full-scale Russian invasion. Bild told the details.
According to the publication, the Ukrainian plane was supposed to fly to the international airport “Leipzig/Halle”, which was his “second home”.
Bild told the details
It is noted that he landed 32 times, which is more than anywhere else in Germany.
According to Bild, the evacuation of the aircraft was planned in advance. Crew captain Dmitry Antonov said that already on February 23 in the evening, on the eve of the start of a full-scale war, he was inside a fully fueled aircraft and was ready to fly away. But this was not allowed to be done “at the direction of the top leadership.”
Leipzig/Halle Airport spokesman Uwe Schuhart noted that the relocation of the AN-225 and smaller AN-124 aircraft was scheduled for 25 February. The decision was made on February 21st. There had been talk about it weeks before, he added.
The dream was expected before February 24
German journalists claim that parking lots for Ukrainian planes in Germany were prepared on January 26th.
According to Bild, satellite images of the Gostomel airfield indicate that critical aircraft were deliberately left under attack, as the rest of the aircraft remained intact.
It should be noted that the Russians destroyed the Mechta already on February 24 with the help of air raids.
SBU reported suspicion to the ex-heads of the Antonov plant
The Security Service of Ukraine reported the suspicion to the ex-heads of the Antonov State Enterprise, whose actions led to the destruction of the Mechta Law enforcement officers have collected the necessary evidence base.
The security service has collected a solid evidence base of the former general directors of the Antonov State Enterprise, his deputy and the head of the aviation security unit.
Law enforcement officers found that in the period of January-February 2022, officials directly prohibited the Ukrainian military from building defense fortifications and fortifications at the airfield.
For this, an order was given to block the admission of the National Guard fighters to the territory of the facility.
All three defendants were informed of suspicion. Two persons involved were chosen as a measure of restraint in the form of detention. Comprehensive measures are being taken to bring to justice also the former deputy general director of the Antonov State Enterprise, who is now a fugitive. He is wanted.