Elephants die in Sri Lanka after eating plastic

World News

Elephants die in Sri Lanka after eating plastic

Animals fill their stomachs with plastic waste and die.

Two elephants have died in Sri Lanka after eating plastic waste at an open landfill. Animal rights activists are sounding the alarm, as such cases are not isolated in the country.

It is reported by The Guardian.

The event took place near the village of Pallakkada in the east of the country. According to the autopsy findings, a large amount of undigested plastic was found in the stomachs of the animals.

“Polyton, food wrappers, plastic, other indigestible foods and water were the only things we could see in the dead animals. Normal food that elephants eat and digest was not found,” said veterinarian Nihal Pushpakumara.

Leave a Reply

five + 1 =