Exercises are being held in Belarus, during which they will work out a defensive battle and a counterattack
Exercises are being held in Belarus, during which a defensive battle and a counterattack will be practiced/Channel 24 collage
Belarus continues to create tension in the North of Ukraine, conducting so-called military exercises. During the exercises, the Belarusian military will work out a defensive battle and a counterattack.
Belarusian military will learn to build defense lines
According to the Ministry of Defense of Belarus, tactical training of the 120th guards separate mechanized brigade will continue on August 8-12, writes Channel 24.
Belarus stated that the goal of the training is “improving the practical skills of commanders and headquarters officials in preparing for military operations, managing subordinate military units and subunits during defensive combat and conducting a counterattack to restore the starting position.”
Training is carried out in two stages and will be worked out:
- preparation of defensive lines;
- reconnaissance, including the use of unmanned aerial systems;
- search, blocking and destroying the enemy DRG and NZF;
- conducting a defensive battle;
- defeating the enemy that had penetrated and conducting a counterattack to restore the starting position.
Belarusian military training/Photo by the Belarusian Ministry of Defense
The training area is the 227th combined-arms training ground “Borisovsky”. Areas of practical operations of troops in areas of terrain in the Borisov district of the Minsk region and the Lepel district of the Vitebsk region.
The threat of an attack from Belarus: what is known
- Belarus provided Russia with its territory for invasion into Ukraine and the shelling of our cities. The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has repeatedly informed that the likelihood of an offensive from Belarus is low, because our military does not observe signs of the creation of enemy offensive groups.
- On August 4, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported that special operations forces of the armed forces of the Republic of Belarus are conducting an inspection combat readiness.
- Due to the threat of an enemy invasion from Belarus, the Ukrainian military built serious barriers on the Belarusian border in the Volyn region. Also in the Rivne and Volyn regions, plans were developed for the evacuation of the population.
- On August 8, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported that infidels were building up the air defense system in the Volyn and Polesye directions.