He died on the day of his wife's anniversary: in Rivne they said goodbye to the warrior who defended the Luhansk region
Ukrainian defender Maxim Klymenko died in the battles for the Luhansk region. They said goodbye to him in Rovno.
Klimenko died on February 28 in the Luhansk region. It was on this day that his wife Anna had an anniversary.
What is known about the deceased Hero
Maxim Klymenko's family left Mariupol for Rivne in March 2022. In November, the man was mobilized into the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Maxim's brother, Roman Kruk, said that the defender was very smart and a patriot of his country.
In the five months that I knew him, we did not have any conflicts. Max was an interesting, funny, smart guy with whom there was something to talk about, Roman Kruk said.
According to the wife of the deceased Hero Anna, Maxim was ready to defend his land, which he eventually did.
“In the meantime, it was peaceful, carried out affectionate Ukrainization – we are going to watch a movie together, and Maxim is so calm:” Let's watch only with Ukrainian translation, “the woman said.
Farewell to Maxim Klimenko in Rivne / photo “Suspilna”, “7 days”
Channel 24 expresses its condolences to the relatives and friends of the deceased Hero. Bright memory!
Losses of Ukrainians in the war
- Vasily Shevchuk, a native of Khorostkov, Ternopil region, died at the front. Previously, he became the record holder, who lay naked under the snow for 20 minutes.
- Also in the war, during the defense of Bakhmut, a fighter from the Lviv region, Igor Ilechko, died. The defender had a small son.
- In addition, during the defense of Bakhmut, the commander of the company of the 93rd brigade “Cold Yar” Alexander Basalyga, call sign “Mongol”, was killed. He went from a tanker to a company commander, he had the Order “For Courage”.
- Ukrainian high jumper Roman Polishchuk died in battles with Russian invaders near Bakhmut.
- In the battles for Bakhmut, the famous historian, archaeologist, teacher, guide and patriot Yuri Kovalenko died. In the spring of 2022, he defended the Chernihiv region, and in parallel, he defended his thesis.