He left before the start of the invasion: people’s deputy from the Opposition Platform for Life Lyovochkin will be recalled from the Defense Committee of the Verkhovna Rada
Sergei Lyovochkin, a member of the Platform for Life and Peace parliamentary group, is scheduled to be recalled from the National Security Committee. He left Ukraine at the start of a full-scale Russian invasion.
Sergei Levochkin is a pro-Russian politician, people's deputy of the 9th convocation and former people's deputy of the 6th and 8th convocations. In 2022, he never appeared at the meetings of the Verkhovna Rada.
Levochkin will be recalled from the Defense Committee of the Verkhovna Rada
People's Deputy Yaroslav Zheleznyak said that Lyovochkin would be recalled from the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security, Defense and Intelligence.
“Well, Sergey Lyovochkin will also be recalled from the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Security and Defense. The corresponding resolution has already been submitted to the Rada,” the report says.
Zheleznyak also published a photo of the decision.
They want to recall Levochkin from the Defense Committee of the Verkhovna Rada / Photo by Yaroslav Zheleznyak
What is known about Sergei Levochkin
- Levochkin in 2019 was elected a people's deputy of the 9th convocation from the Opposition Platform – For Life party No. 5 on the list. He was a member of the faction of the same name and served on the National Security, Defense and Intelligence Committee.
- The people's deputy also financed the Opposition Platform for Life party for 1.6 million hryvnias.
- Levochkin is one of the richest Ukrainian politicians. After leaving the country before the start of a full-scale war, he came only once – in July 2022. However, he soon went abroad again.
- In the same month, the people's deputy attended the Dynamo-Fenerbahce match in Lodz. Grigory Surkis, Oleksandr Puzanov, Oleksandr Gerega and Dynamo Kyiv President Igor Surkis were with him.
- Given the martial law in Ukraine and the announced mobilization, the status of a people's deputy probably helped 49-year-old Lyovochkin to leave the country at that time.