The words of the US leadership to ensure the victory of Ukraine in 2023 are confirmed by actions. There is a clear logic in American planning.
What kind of US military assistance was provided to Ukraine in January
On January 6 and 19, the US Department of Defense approved 29th and 30th military aid packages. According to official releases from the US DoD and statements by officials, Ukraine will receive military assistance totaling $5.75 billion.
For comparison, in 2022, the peak of supply occurred in August. That month, arms worth $2.3 billion were delivered.
Recall that Ukraine itself, which is now desperately demanding weapons from NATO countries, spent only $800 million on arms purchases in 2021. That is, American supplies in January 2023 alone are 7 times more than Ukraine allocated for the whole year for its own defense on the eve of the attack.
Now consider the amount and purpose of US military assistance in January 2023.
- 18 units of 155 mm Paladin M109A6 self-propelled howitzers;
- 36 units of 105 mm M119 trailed howitzers;
- 8 Avenger self-propelled anti-aircraft missile systems;
- 109 Bradley M2A2 ODS infantry fighting vehicles with a 25 mm cannon and TOW-2 guided missiles;
- 190 M113 and M1126 Stryker armored personnel carriers;
- 596 heavy and light armored vehicles of the MRAP and Humvee classes;
- 30 armored artillery supply vehicles;
- 6 armored command vehicles;
- 22 armored artillery tractors;
- 1,100 corrected 155 caliber Excalibur rounds ;
- 90,000 155 caliber shells;
- 1,200 155 caliber RAAM shells for remote mining;
- 190,000 105 caliber shells;
- 21,800 120-caliber mortars;
- missiles for the HIMARS rocket-artillery system;
- HARM aircraft anti-radar missiles;
- anti-aircraft missiles for NASAMS and Sea Sparrow systems;
- 4,000 Zuni 70-caliber unguided aircraft missiles;
- 1,090 TOW-2 anti-tank guided missiles;
- 2,000 anti-tank guided missiles of unspecified type;
- 545,000 25-caliber Bradley IFV shells;
- Claymore anti-personnel mines;
- cartridges for automatic weapons, grenades for anti-personnel grenade launchers, sniper rifles, machine guns.
Among the special equipment there are mine sweeps for military equipment, as well as night vision devices and sights.
The Americans broke 5 records for the victory of Ukraine
Records US shipments in January 2023:
- Highest volume of arms shipments in one month – $5.75 billion;
- Highest number of artillery shells and mortars of all types – 304,100 units;
- the largest number of armored vehicles and combat vehicles for the mobility of troops per month – 943;
- for the first time, modern combat vehicles that are in service with the US Army are delivered – М2А2 ODS, М109А6, Stryker. They operate in a single network of combat control and communications and have automated fire control systems. For the systematic implementation of their capabilities, in December, the IFADTS artillery control system was purchased for Ukraine;
- for the first time, Avenger mobile anti-aircraft missile systems are supplied for direct support of troops.
Russia will not be able to send the same amount of weapons to the front
So, what did the US military planners decide to achieve? They want to increase the power of Ukrainian artillery fire, primarily to destroy Russian infantry. In addition, the Americans are striving to increase the tactical mobility of the Ukrainian army, to supply armored vehicles already in service with the United States in whole battalion sets in order to improve logistics, operation and repair.
The United States wants to create a qualitative advantage on the battlefield through the supply of modern Bradley infantry fighting vehicles and Stryker armored personnel carriers, which have an advantage over Russian combat vehicles thanks to automated troop and fire control systems, thermal imaging sights. They operate in conjunction with precision automatic cannons and guided missiles.
American military planners want to intensify the defeat with precision-guided projectiles and missiles from Russian and radar systems. In addition, they seek to gradually deprive the Russians of the advantage in heavy military equipment and artillery ammunition, to achieve parity in the supply of ground weapons to the Ukrainian army.
Russia will not be able to supply weapons to the front in such quantities as the United States announced in January. If this pace of deliveries is maintained in the following months of 2023, the situation at the front will improve significantly in our favor.
Thank you to the citizens of the United States for your incredible support. It will never be forgotten.