In Severodonetsk, 30% of houses will no longer be habitable
Occupiers damaged 70% of the houses of Severodonetsk/Slovo i Delo
In recent days, the number of attacks in Severodonetsk has increased significantly. Both new residential areas and old houses are suffering.
Violating the laws and customs of war, the Russian invaders shell the civilian infrastructure of the city and the civilian population suffers, Channel 24 reports.
30% of houses will no longer be habitable
70% of the city's houses are damaged, about 30% will no longer be suitable for living, – said Alexander Stryuk, head of the Severodonetsk city military-civilian administration.
There are still about 15 thousand people in Severodonetsk who do not want to evacuate , despite the danger and calls from the authorities of the city and the region to leave for safer territories.
At the same time, Russian infidels are going to surround Severodonetsk and break through from different directions. Active and heavy fighting is going on in the vicinity of the city.
We are doing everything necessary so that they (Russian infidels – Channel 24) stand still. But attempts to move forward are constant, Stryuk added.
We remind you that yesterday, May 10, Russian infidels once again hit Severodonetsk, Luhansk region, with artillery and multiple launch rocket systems. As a result, the gas pipeline was damaged, so the residents of the city were left without gas.
According to the head of the Luhansk OVA, Sergei Gaidai, gas supply is the only one of the communications that worked in Severodonetsk during the hostilities.
The situation in Luhansk Oblast Essentials
- During May 9, infidels fired at all possible exit routes from the territory of the Lugansk region. In Severodonetsk, an enemy shell hit the building of a local police cell. During this day alone, the enemy shelled the villages and towns of the region 22 times.
- On May 8, the Russian invaders shelled the Luhansk region 24 times. A woman died due to an enemy attack in Severodonetsk, and 2 volunteers from Transcarpathia died in Belogorovka. There are also victims, including children.
- On the evening of May 8, the Russians shelled an oil refinery in Lisichansk for the third time. Due to constant shelling, the rescuers could not put out the fire that was blazing on an area of 360 square meters.
- Also on the night of May 8, the invaders opened fire on Shipilov. A two-story house was destroyed there. It is known that under the rubble were at least 11 people. Also during the night, as a result of shelling, four houses were damaged in Rubizhnoye, nine in Severodonetsk and two more in Lisichansk.
- The day before, on Saturday, May 7, the invaders dropped an air bomb on a school in Belogorovka, where almost the whole village. About 90 people were in the premises of the educational institution. Rescuers removed from the rubble about 30 of them. According to Gaidai, the heavy blow did not leave the people at the school a chance to escape – most of them died.
- Despite the fact that the enemy outnumbers, our fighters are doing everything possible to minimize their attacks. Under Kremennaya, the Ukrainian military managed to destroy the enemy's crossing.