In the United States, they said that the MQ-9 Reaper drone shot down by Russia was found in the Black Sea
On March 14, Russian fighters destroyed an American reconnaissance drone MQ-9 Reaper. However, the UAV has not yet been found in the Black Sea.
This was stated by representatives of the United States. By the way, the Ukrainians have already given advice to the United States on how to take revenge on Russia for the downed Reaper.
US did not find a downed drone in the Black Sea
US officials said that the American drone shot down by the Russian fighter was not found and was not raised from the Black Sea.
By the way, in connection with the crash on March 14, the Russian ambassador to the United States was summoned. White House Press Secretary John Kirby said officials gave the ambassador a stern warning. They told him that Moscow should be more careful when flying in international airspace near US assets.
The downing of an American drone over the Black Sea: what is known
- The US European Command reported that the MQ-9 Reaper was operating in international airspace over the Black Sea. Several times before the collision, 2 Russian Su-27 planes tried to intercept the drone by dropping fuel.
- So, the Su-27 fighter crashed into the propeller of a drone, causing the drone to crash.
- John Kirby said that US President Joseph Biden had already been informed of this incident. Although there have been other such interceptions, he said, this case deserves attention, because it was “dangerous and unprofessional.”
- The United States stated that they would continue flights in this region, despite what happened.
- The Ukrainians reacted violently to this and advised the United States to avenge the destroyed drone. They called for more powerful weapons, such as long-range missiles, to be provided to our defenders.