In Zaporozhye, the Russians are building a multi-echelon defense: they want to seriously gain a foothold
Occupiers are preparing to equip a multi-layer defense/Getty Images/Illustrative photos
Russian invaders in Zaporozhye want to keep their positions. To do this, they are preparing to build a multi-layered defense.
This is evidenced by the data of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The Russian invaders are trying to do everything to keep the occupied territories in Zaporozhye.
The Russians are actively preparing to create defense lines. They need this to hold their positions.
In the Zaporozhye direction, in order to hold the occupied territory, preparatory measures are being taken to build a multi-echelon defense by the occupiers, the General Staff said.
Situation in Zaporozhye: latest news
- A part of the Zaporozhye region is unfortunately under Russian occupation. However, the Ukrainian soldiers have already gone on a counteroffensive. Despite the aggressive plans of the Russians, our soldiers are moving forward and pushing the occupier out of our land.
- However, the situation is difficult due to hostilities. For example, the mayor of Hulyaypole urged local residents to leave the city, and 2 days later the invaders covered the city with Gradami.
- On May 10, the Russians shelled the civilian infrastructure of the city of Orekhovo for almost the entire day. Unfortunately, there are dead and wounded.
- On May 11, in the urban-type settlement of Kamyshevakh, the occupiers shelled houses from artillery. It is reported that a dozen enemy missiles exploded in residential areas of the city. Dozens of buildings were damaged as a result of cynical shelling. Unfortunately, one person died and several other civilians were injured.
- On May 12, a powerful explosion was heard in Zaporozhye due to a cruise missile fired at the city. The Russians got into a private building, causing a fire.
- On the same day, a correspondent for Channel 24 from Zaporozhye said that the occupiers began to jam mobile communications. Probably, the occupiers are trying to pull in reinforcements and do not want information about this to get into the Armed Forces.
- The security service prevented a resident of Dnipro from committing a terrorist attack that was planned in order to sow panic. The man planned to make an explosion in the central part of Zaporozhye.