Providing Ukraine with modern battle tanks will help Ukrainian defenders defeat the Russian invaders and liberate the occupied territory.In the current report of the Institute for the Study of War, ISW emphasized that the supply of tanks will allow the Armed Forces of Ukraine to strengthen mechanized combat operations.
Western states provide basic combat tanks to Ukraine will help Ukraine conduct a mechanized struggle to defeat the Russian military and liberate the territory of Ukraine, ISW notes.
Earlier, analysts noted that the West contributed to the fact that Ukraine was unable to take advantage of the fact that Russian troops were pinned down in Bakhmut by slowly deploying or holding weapons systems and supplies necessary for large-scale counter-following operations.
And the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valery Zaluzhny noted in December 2022 that Ukraine needs 300 main battle tanks to support Ukrainian counteroffensives.
Delaying the transfer of tanks to Ukraine: the main thing
- During the new Ramstein, the allies did not agree on the provision of Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine.
- The European Union accused Germany of blocking the transfer of Leopard tanks to Ukraine and urged make a decision immediately. Berlin was warned that Russia could win the war if a decision was not made soon.
- At the same time, Warsaw considered forming a coalition with countries that are ready to give Ukraine part of their Leopard 2s, without the participation of Germany, if Berlin does not agree on the provision of these tanks to Ukraine. And the UK is in favor of an international agreement to provide Ukraine with German tanks.
- Spiegel reported last night that Germany did agree on the provision of tanks. We are talking about at least one Leopard 2 company.
- The website of the Bundeswehr published the announcement of consideration of the transfer of German Leopard tanks to Ukraine on Wednesday, January 25th. So those who officially announced the decisions can already tomorrow.