The most important news and results about the Summer Olympics in Tokyo summarized at a glance.
Under the shadow and burden of the corona pandemic, the Summer Olympics will take place in Tokyo from July 23rd. Around 11,100 athletes in 33 sports will be taking part in 339 medal decisions at more than 40 venues by August 8th. Spectators are not admitted to the world's largest sporting event due to the increasing number of infections.
The most important things in a nutshell about the competitions and Austria's athletes themselves can be found in this live blog.
News from the Olympic Games:
- Gold! Kiesenhofer creates Olympic sensation (more)
- Cheering faux pas of the runner-up at Kiesenhofer's gold ride (more)
- Premiere victory for Habesohn, defeat for Gardos (more)
- Ungrateful fourth: Auböck just missed the medal (more)
- Japan's frustration with the Corona Games (more)
- Early retirement for tennis star Barty, Osaka in a bad mood (more)
- Lobnig fulfilled “obligation” with semi-final entry (more)
- Corona worries at the Olympics: “Like jail with a walk in the yard” (more)
To the live blog Olympia-Splitter on kurier.at