According to the results of “Ramstein-8”, Ukraine did not receive German Leopards. In return, as part of the new military assistance, the Armed Forces of Ukraine will receive Challenger and T-72 tanks, as well as other armored vehicles.
Military expert Nikolai Salamakha told Channel 24 about this. In addition, he expressed the hope that soon Ukraine will receive other heavy armored vehicles.
How many brigades can be provided with new armored vehicles
As part of the new military assistance, Ukrainian defenders will receive the following armored vehicles:
- Bradley infantry fighting vehicles;
- Stryker armored personnel carriers;
- HMMWV vehicles, etc. .
According to the number of armored vehicles that we will receive, it will be enough for us to form 4 – 5 brigades. It will be a serious tool in the hands of the General Staff and the Command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine,” the military expert said.
According to him, this is the scenario for the next 3-6 months. As for the Leopard, in the future, German public opinion and the political elites of the allied countries will work with German politicians and Chancellor Olaf Scholz to resolve the tank issue.
Salamaha said how many brigades can be provided with new armored vehicles : watch the video
So sooner or later Leopard tanks will arrive in Ukraine. Moreover, immediately into the hands of trained crews of Ukrainian fighters, since Poland has already announced its intention to start training in managing German tanks on its territory.
What will be included in the new US military aid package/Collage Channel 24
Military aid to Ukraine from other countries
- Estonia will provide Ukraine with a record military aid package. Thus, all 155-mm howitzers will be handed over to our state. Estonian Ambassador to Ukraine Kaima Kuusk explained that in this way his country wants to set an example for others so that they have no excuse why they cannot provide weapons to Ukraine.
- Berlin will soon decide on Leopard tanks requested by Kyiv. Now the German government continues to study this issue. However, what this solution will be is still unknown.
- Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba said that if the Ukrainians receive aircraft and missiles, they will be able to complete the entire list of weapons that are necessary to win this war. Military expert Oleg Zhdanov is confident that Ukraine will be provided with all the necessary weapons.