Mobilization in Ukraine: how long can you get a deferment
In Ukraine, due to the military aggression of Russia, general mobilization and martial law continue. Men liable for military service from 18 to 60 years old are subject to conscription during mobilization.
At the same time, some individuals may receive a deferment from military service, writes Channel 24 . In order to receive a deferment from the draft during mobilization, if there are conditions for this, you need to apply for a deferment and add documents to it confirming that you are really not eligible for the draft.
Deferment is valid for 6 months
In Ukraine, the right to deferment exists for the time being, as long as there is a circumstance under which a deferment is granted. However, undergraduate and graduate students are required to submit certificates annually in the fall confirming their studies and eligibility for deferment.
Those who have received a deferment, in most cases, receive it for 6 months – then it must be renewed.
Persons with a disability of group III cannot call without their consent. If a person liable for military service received a deferment due to the illness of a relative and care, the deferment will continue until care is needed.
Postponement can be canceled
It should be noted that there is a list of circumstances when a deferment can be cancelled. Article 23 of the Law on “Mobilization Training and Mobilization” states that a deferment may be canceled if:
- the MSEC commission did not confirm the disability;
- VLK did not confirm unfitness for military service within 6 months;
- one in three dependent children of a man is already 18 years old;
- there is no need to deal with a relative with a disability of group I or II;
- there is no need to take care of a sick child or a child with a disability under 18 years of age or an adult child with a disability of group I or II;
- there is no need to care for a sick husband or wife or parents of a husband or wife, who was previously appointed by the MSEC commission;
- there is no need to take care of a disabled person;
- the person liable for military service has lost the status of a people's deputy;
- the person was dismissed from service in one of the institutions specified in the list of part 14 of Article 23 of the Law;
- a person liable for military service graduated from a university, postgraduate or doctoral studies or was dismissed from a position in institutions of higher or vocational higher education, scientific institutions or organizations, institutions of vocational (vocational) or general secondary education at the main place of work for less than 0.75 scientific rates and scientific and pedagogical workers;
- the booking has expired and has not been restored;
- the enterprise, institution, organization that provided the reservation completed the mobilization task (order) or canceled it;
- the enterprise, institution, organization that provided the booking has completed the production of goods, performance of work and services for the needs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine or other military formations;
- the enterprise, institution or organization that provided the booking has lost its status as critical to the functioning of the economy and the livelihoods of the population during a special period;
- the authority or the business, institution or organization providing the booking has gone into liquidation;
- the person liable for military service was dismissed from the authority, enterprise, institution or organization that provided him with the reservation.