Monuments to Soviet pilots and a communist were toppled down in the Lvov region


Monuments to Soviet pilots and a communist were toppled down in the Lvov region

Decommunization in the Lviv region is in full swing. This time it was possible to dismantle several Soviet monuments in the Medenets community at once.

They reported on the active process of decommunization in the Drohobytskaya RVA. The department noted that the other day it was possible to demolish three monuments of Soviet times.

There are fewer references to the Soviet

So, in the village of Opory, 2 monuments were dismantled. According to reports, one of them was once dedicated to Soviet pilots. Another monument is to the Muscovite and communist Kuzma Plekhatom. In addition, on March 17, the grave of Soviet soldiers was also dismantled in Medenichi.

But that is not all. According to local authorities, a process is being prepared to dismantle another 8 facilities. They will be demolished in Medenichi, Solonsk, Dorozhevo, Voloshche and Grushev. In addition, the renaming expects Pobedy Street in Opory and Rivne. Also in Medenychi there will no longer be Gagarin Street.

There was also a discussion of the fate of the monument to Grigory Gevrik – another so-called Soviet hero – which stands in Drohobych. In addition, the process of decommunization continues in Skhodnitsa, Borislav, and Truskavets.

In particular, according to the participants of the working group, the figure of Hryhoriy Gevrik is too contradictory to be kept in the memory of future generations as a pro-Ukrainian figure.

Note that earlier the military demolished Soviet monuments in the villages of the Lvov region. They were lost in the Strelkovskaya community of the Sambir region. Decommunization was carried out in Borin, Topilnitsa, Strelki, and also in Luki.

According to local resident Vasily Kuria, the monument to the Soviet soldier, which was demolished in Strelki, has an interesting inscription. Dedicated monument “to those who died at the hands of the opponents of the Russian people, in 1946-1949”. This means that it was built in honor of those who opposed the Ukrainian resistance after World War II. Even so.

Leave a Reply