More than 20 families in Kyiv left homeless as a result of the drone attack
The Russian army continues its cynical attack on Kyiv. This time the invaders used 42 Iranian drones. Fortunately, most of them were successfully destroyed.
The invaders got into a residential building in the Shevchenko district of the capital. Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko told on the air of the telethon how many families were left homeless, Channel 24 writes.
Victims can be provided with new housing
Klitschko said that because of the drone attack in Kyiv, 16 families were left homeless. According to the mayor of the capital, the victims can be provided with new houses.
As far as I know, 16 families lived in this house. It is completely destroyed, it cannot be restored, almost nothing is left of it. We are ready to provide them with temporary housing now, and we are also considering the possibility of providing them with permanent housing, because they were left homeless, said Vitali Klitschko.
Earlier, Deputy Mayor of Kyiv Volodymyr Bondarenko reported that due to the attack by kamikaze drones more than 20 families were left homeless.
According to the Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal, the capital was attacked by 5 Iranian kamikaze drones. As a result, energy facilities and a residential building were damaged.
On October 17, the invaders immediately released 42 Iranian drones. Fortunately, our defenders managed to shoot down 36 UAVs at once.
By the way.One of the enemy drones was shot down by patrolmen from Kyiv with small arms.
The enemy attacked the capital with Iranian drones: what is known
- Unfortunately, 4 people were killed in a residential area house in the Shevchenkovsky district of Kyiv. Under the rubble of high-rise buildings, the bodies of three dead civilians were found. Among them – a young couple, husband and wife, they were expecting a child. The woman was 6 months pregnant, she was 34 years old. The speaker of the Minister of Internal Affairs, Anton Gerashchenko, said that the couple's names were Bogdan and Victoria.
- 19 people were also rescued from the destroyed house. Three people were hospitalized with various injuries, two of which are rescuers.
- Our rescuers got a taco from under the rubble of a cat. The animal was rescued and was immediately treated.
- After the attack, traffic was blocked in the capital along several streets, and all educational institutions switched to remote mode due to the attack by drones.
- Advisor to the Minister of the Interior Affairs Rostislav Smirnov said that there are many means in the fight against Iranian drones.