Not only the execution of Matsievsky: Ukraine has evidence of other cases of executions of prisoners
Unfortunately, the execution of the Ukrainian Armed Forces soldier Oleksandr Matsiyevsky is far from the first among the crimes of the occupiers. Ukraine has other evidence against Russia regarding the executions of unarmed Ukrainian soldiers.
For Russia, there are no Geneva Conventions and norms of international humanitarian law. She cynically and openly commits war crimes and the genocide of Ukrainians.
The Commissioner of the Verkhovna Rada for Human Rights Dmitry Lubinets spoke about the testimony of Ukraine against Russia regarding the execution of prisoners of war.
The execution of prisoners of war is a rare case.
Lubinets claims that the Russians are cynically shooting prisoners of war, and Ukraine has enough such evidence.
The execution by the Russian military of the Ukrainian prisoner Oleksandr Matsievsky after the phrase “Glory to Ukraine”, unfortunately, is not a rare case in this terrible war of conquest, he said.
The Ombudsman reports that law enforcement agencies have evidence of such crimes by Russia. According to Lubinets, the invaders commit such crimes systematically, with the permission of the commanders, and believe that their actions will go unpunished.
Lubinets added that he informs the international community about each such case so that the aggressor country is held accountable for the crimes.
Russians boast of shooting unarmed
On the eve of the GUR MO published another proof of the cynicism of the Russian army. So, during the conversation, the occupier boasted to his relatives that he shot 2 Ukrainian prisoners without weapons on video.
According to the Russian, during the battle they fell into a trench with two Ukrainian soldiers. They forced them to lay down their weapons and then cynically shot them
“They surrendered their weapons, but I finished them off anyway,” the Russian said.
The occupant's interlocutor reacted to such a confession quite calmly and cynically, saying that “you can't do that.”
Execution of Alexander Matsievsky
- On March 6, a video appeared on the network in which a Ukrainian soldier was shot after the words “Glory to Ukraine.”
- Subsequently, it was possible to establish his name – the Ukrainian sniper of the 163rd battalion of the 119th separate brigade of the TPO of the Chernihiv region, Alexander Matsievsky, turned out to be the killed fighter. They fought at Soledar.
- The family of the deceased says that the connection with Alexander disappeared after December 29, 2022. On that day, the man called his mother for the last time.
- Subsequently, Volodymyr Zelensky posthumously granted Oleksandr Matsiyevsky the title of Hero of Ukraine. The 42-year-old Hero is survived by a 19-year-old son and mother.
- The commander of Alexander Matsievsky told what happened in their battalion on that tragic day. According to him, then the entire group of 5 people who went on a mission died.