Occupants got into a nitrogen tank in Rubizhne: Gaidai told how to protect yourself from poisoning
Occupiers got into a nitrogen tank in Rubizhnoye: Gaidai told how to protect himself from poisoning/Photo from Sergei Gaidai's telegram
An enemy shell hit a nitrogen tank in Rubizhne. Its exact amount is still unknown, but the toxic acid has already risen into the air.
Head of the Luhansk OVA Serhiy Gaidai appealed to the residents of the city to warn them of the danger. Along the way, he provided an algorithm of actions that will help avoid poisoning.
Employees confirmed that there was acid in the tanks
This substance is quite toxic,” Gaidai noted.
To be on the safe side, he advised:
- Don't leave cover. Those indoors should close all doors and windows.
- Watch the direction of the wind as it is unknown where the toxic cloud will go.
- To minimize the risks, you should wear protective masks on your face, after wetting them with a soda solution. Leave the room only with them.
After the first rain, according to the head of the Regional State Administration, the acid will disintegrate.
Watch Gaidai's video message:
Acid contact first aid
- If nitric acid gets into the eyes, rinse with running water for 10 to 30 minutes.
- If it comes into contact with the skin wash the affected surface with water, adding baking soda, soap to it.
- When nitric acid is swallowed, gastric lavage with plenty of water is indicated.