Only for one thing – Gudkov suggested why Putin is going to Belarus in Lukashenka
Why Putin is leaving to Belarus/Getty images
Putin is unlikely to send his double to Belarus or something. This can be explained by the fact that people like Lukashenka will immediately expose this deception.
Russian opposition politician Gennady Gudkov told Channel 24 about this. He also noted that the only explanation why Putin would arrive in Minsk in person is a demonstration that he is alive and well and capable of anything.
Everything looks like Putin just wants to prove to everyone that he is capable. Indeed, lately a lot of information has appeared about his illnesses and other things, Gudkov emphasized.
According to the Russian politician, Putin has nowhere else to go, except somewhere in Africa. Even in Kazakhstan they are not happy to see him, because everyone remembers how Tokayev smeared Putin the other day. full-fledged entry into the war against Ukraine. But Lukashenka will not save Putin at the cost of his life, Gennady Gudkov is convinced.
“All Lukashenka's “power” rests on his army, which keeps Belarusians in fear. If he now sends troops to die in Ukraine, his own population will destroy him very quickly,” Gudkov notes.
Lukashenka shakes the air and allegedly getting ready to enter the war
So far, there are up to seven Belarusian battalions on the border with Ukraine in the Brest and Gomel regions – this is from three to four thousand personnel.
- The State Border Service informed that Belarus is reinforcing a section of the border with Ukraine. It was reported that Belarus deployed about 7 battalions in this direction.
- The State Border Service also stated that at the moment they have not recorded a strike force from Belarus that could invade Ukraine.
- At the same time, President Vladimir Zelensky instructed to check the readiness for an attack from Belarus in 4 regions.
At present, the total number of the Belarusian army is about 60 thousand people. However, the Belarusian authorities plan to increase it by another 20,000 by creating a southern operational command. Therefore, active recruitment into the ranks of the Belarusian army is now underway.
- The head of the Rivne OVA, Vitaliy Koval, said that the Armed Forces of Ukraine are intensively on combat duty near the Belarusian border. They are helped by terrorist defense and voluntary formation of territorial communities.
- Oppositionist and former Belarusian Minister of Culture Pavel Latushko said that several thousand Russian mercenaries from the Wagner PKK have recently arrived on the territory of Belarus.
- The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported that the Belarusian military are still standing near the border with Ukraine. They conducted command-staff training and are equipping positions in the Brest region.
- In addition, the General Staff informed that reception points for mobilized people began to operate near the Belarusian border. They were deployed in the Volyn and Polesye directions. These points plan to accept those who have reached military age.