Over the past 2 weeks, the front has advanced 10 kilometers towards Melitopol, – Mayor Fedorov
Over the past 2 weeks, the front has advanced 10 kilometers towards Melitopol./collage Channel 24
Ukrainian military, who launched a counteroffensive in Zaporozhye and Kherson region, managed to move the front line. The Armed Forces of Ukraine have advanced up to about 10 kilometers towards Melitopol.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine have advanced quite significantly in the direction of Kherson, – Fedorov
The relevant information was announced by the mayor of Melitopol Ivan Fedorov. He noted that thanks to the successful actions of Ukrainian defenders and defenders, Russian forces have significantly decreased compared to the start of a full-scale invasion.
Fedorov, who was returned from Russian captivity, reported on two important events that occurred over the past two weeks.
First of all, we are talking about the counteroffensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Kherson direction.
To date, the Armed Forces of Ukraine have made significant progress in the direction of Kherson. We are also inspired by this, because this is the direction towards Melitopol,” Fedorov said.
At the same time, according to him, directly from Zaporozhye towards Melitopol over the past 2 weeks, the front has advanced from 5 to 10 kilometers .
“This is a hell of a job that our defenders do every day, risking their lives,” the mayor said.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched a counteroffensive in Zaporozhye and the Kherson region: what is known
- Ukrainian forces launched a counteroffensive in the Zaporozhye and Kherson regions, part of the territory of which was occupied by the Russians.
- On June 11, it became known that the Ukrainian military was able to regain control over the village of Tavrichesky.
- The Ukrainian Armed Forces reported on the successes and President Volodymyr Zelensky. In addition to the return of Tauride, he noted the successes in the Zaporozhye region.
- The Ukrainian military regularly inflicts damage on the enemy. In particular, on June 9, Ukrainian aviation attacked the positions of Russian troops in 5 settlements of Kherson at once.
- On June 10, scouts of the Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed a group of paratroopers of the Russian occupation forces during an operation in the South. Thanks to this, they even managed to capture the weapons of the opponents.
- Moreover, Aleksey Arestovich, adviser to the head of the President's Office, informed that the Armed Forces of Ukraine neutralized the battalion tactical group of Russians.
- Ukraine will liberate the occupied territories gradually, so as not to harm the local population. The corresponding statement was made by the head of the Nikolaev regional military administration Vitaly Kim.