Podolyak assessed the readiness of the offensive from Belarus: three decisive factors
The threat of an offensive from Belarus exists constantly. However, even half a step from there to the territory of Ukraine will receive a decent response from our military.
Mikhail Podolyak, adviser to the head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, told Channel 24 about this. In addition, joint flight exercises between Russia and Belarus will soon begin.
Lukashenka will “contemplate” in the future
Podolyak noted that Lukashenka would “contemplate” further. If a person wants to continue to live after 28 years of classical totalitarian one-man rule in the “kingdom of crooked mirrors”, then let him live. Let him talk about peace or that he is “the greatest leader of the democratic world”
Let it all speak. Propaganda is not designed for us, Europe or the civilized world. Therefore, he is isolated. He can sell it only on the territory of Belarus, even in Russia it is not for sale. After all, the insatiable bloodthirsty mass of people in Russia wants Belarus to take part in the war. – noted the adviser to the head of the Office of the President of Ukraine.
Podolyak assessed the readiness of the offensive from Belarus: watch the video
He continued that Russia wants to drag Belarus into the war in order to:
- Slightly reduce your losses. The Russians are very “kind” – they want the children of other peoples to die too. This is the principle of Russia: we will come to destroy everything, but we want not only us to die, but also our allies.
- Somehow to finally “smear” Belarus, so that later Russia and Belarus would sit side by side in the dock and “throw stones” at each other.
However, for an offensive from the north to Ukraine, several factors must be taken into account:
- You need to have mathematical capabilities – a certain number of people. Not 10 – 20 thousand, but much more – 60 – 80 thousand people of the shock group.
- A huge amount of equipment is needed, that is, 2-3 thousand tanks, armored personnel carriers, artillery systems and MLRS. This is a huge amount of equipment, which today Russia lacks in key areas – Donetsk, Lugansk, Zaporozhye or Kherson. Russia has nowhere to take it.
- Locality, that is, geography. There is no open space like in Kherson, Luhansk or Donetsk regions, there are forests, few roads, swamps. And there is our defense – TRO. Completely different psychological and military readiness. We also have exercises. There are some really cool guys out there.
“In general, everyone who is at the forefront in our country is very cool guys. Regardless of whether they are in the Donetsk, Northern or Southern direction today. Everyone is aware of what they will do if at least half a step from the territory of Belarus someone will do to our territory,” Podolyak stressed.
According to him, one can be sure that it will be a terrible story for Belarus. Returning to Lukashenka, he is a very “cunning” person. That's right – in one word. He clearly understands the consequences if he enters the territory of Ukraine.
The threat of an offensive from Belarus: latest news
- Russia continues to send trains with weapons and ammunition to Belarus. The next shipment arrived on January 9th.
- The risk of an offensive from Belarus remains real. However, now the likelihood of an invasion is minimal.
- The Belarusian Ministry of Defense announced the buildup of the air defense forces of the republic and Russia. This was allegedly done according to the plan of the command of the air force of Belarus.