Russia wants to resume railway communication between Donbass and Crimea, – military expert
Occupiers want to return railway communication between Donbass and Crimea/Urm.media
< strong _ngcontent-sc87="">Russia has changed its tactics of military confrontation. Now the invaders use the so-called flank coverage.
Previously, the Russian occupiers actually inflicted “frontal” attacks and battles directly in the cities. Military expert Dmitry Snegirev told Channel 24 about this.
Unfortunately, now in the Lugansk region they are recording the rapid advance of the enemy. The occupiers use the railroad to supply fuel and lubricants and ammunition.
Russia is considering the possibility of restoring a direct rail link to address both military and economic issues, Snegirev said.
In his opinion, this is a signal of the occupying Russian forces that will never give back the occupied territory of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, as well as the land corridor to Crimea.
“A representative of the temporarily occupied Crimea is in Lugansk, who is solving the issue of updating the railway connection between the occupied territories of Donetsk and Lugansk regions and Crimea,” the military expert emphasized.
Occupants use the port in Mariupol
In addition, the Russians cleared the port in Mariupol. The invaders will also use it for both military and economic logistics. Snegirev added that now the Russians are using tactics of more reduced logistics supply.
Recall that, according to the General Staff, in the Slobozhansky direction, the Russian invaders undertook to restore the railway infrastructure in the Kupyansk region. This is necessary for the enemy troops for the prompt transfer of cargo.
What is the situation in Donbas: latest news from the front
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, during his evening address on May 23, said that the Russians had thrown all their forces into the Donbass. Now there is the highest activity of all time.
- The invaders want to take control of the entire territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Therefore, they burn out everything that lives in their path.
- According to the president, Donbass has never seen such a war – the Russians are destroying absolutely everything.
- In just a day on May 23, Russian invaders fired on 38 inhabitants points in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions, while destroying and damaging 62 civilian objects.
- Russia deployed 25 battalion tactical groups to the Lugansk region. Approximately up to 500 people in each. In total, this is about 12.5 thousand invaders.
- However, the Armed Forces of Ukraine confidently and courageously repulse the enemy. On May 23, Ukrainian defenders and defenders from the JFO group repelled 16 enemy attacks in the East.