< p _ngcontent-sc147="" class="news-annotation">APU continues to destroy enemy aircraft. In particular, after midnight on January 24, Ukrainian defenders eliminated 3 Russian attack helicopters Ka-52. Alexander Kovalenko. According to him, the Russian invaders are losing not only attack helicopters.
In particular, the Russians often cannot count their Su-25 attack aircraft. One of these aircraft was shot down by Ukrainian soldiers in the Eastern direction in the first half of the day on January 25.
The invaders are trying to compensate for the lack of artillery
As Kovalenko noted, Russia has begun to use aviation more intensively in the East of Ukraine.
Due to the lack of artillery, the Russian occupiers lack firepower. Now we can say that they need to somehow compensate for the artillery component,” the military observer explained.
He added that the Russians have big problems with artillery, both in terms of the number of installations and ammunition. According to Kovalenko, the invaders are trying to solve this problem by using aviation.
Russian aviation becomes the target of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
However, in this way the Russians create new problems for themselves , because they are starting to lose their aircraft.
“Where a large number of aircraft appear, the percentage of the likelihood that it will be destroyed increases,” the military observer noted.
Kovalenko added that Russian aircraft are being destroyed:
- air defense systems of the Armed Forces of Ukraine,
- or mobile groups with MANPADS.
APU destroy enemy aircraft: latest news
- On the afternoon of January 25, the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down a Russian Su-25 attack aircraft. In addition, the sky defenders also shot down a Russian Orlan-10 drone. Enemy targets were successfully eliminated by units of the anti-aircraft missile forces of the Air Force.
- On January 24, Ukrainian defenders eliminated 3 Russian Ka-52 attack helicopters. It took the Armed Forces half an hour to destroy the enemy combat helicopters.
- On January 23, the Armed Forces reduced the enemy arsenal of aircraft by 2 Su-25 attack aircraft, a Ka-52 attack helicopter and 2 Kh-59 guided air missiles .
- In general, since the beginning of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the aggressor country has lost 290 aircraft, 281 helicopters and 1902 operational-tactical UAVs.