Russians try to enter Avdiivka, but lost more than 250 people in just one day, – APU
The Russians concentrated their efforts on deploying maneuvers, including in the Avdiivka area. The ISW suggests that there the enemy can probably increase the pace of the offensive by a conditional “pause” near Bakhmut.
The head of the joint press center of the Defense Forces of the Tauride direction, Alexei Dmitrashkovsky, said on the air of the telethon that Russia is constantly shelling Avdiivka. According to the colonel, he did not see a single house there that did not have damage, writes Channel 24 .
What is the situation in Avdiivka
Alexey Dmitrashkovsky said that people remain in the city. They live in basements, but they don't really want to contact.
“We tried to communicate with the people who were in the basement. There were approximately 40 people there. People simply closed themselves in the basement and did not let us in. They did not begin to communicate with us,” said the head of the joint press center of the Taurida Defense Forces.
There is only one store in Avdiivka where people can buy the necessary things. The head of the military administration is constantly in the city, volunteers come there with the help.
What is the enemy doing around the city
By this time they (the Russians – Channel 24) are trying to go to the city of Avdiivka. And these attacks are constantly accompanied by attacks,” Dmitrashkovsky said.
According to him, only during March 22 there were 26 attacks. However, the Russians have significant losses – the Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed more than 100 enemy soldiers and wounded more than 240 personnel. That is, in total, the loss is more than 250 people.
In technology, the enemy has lost at least:
- two tanks;
- two armored personnel carriers;
- four infantry fighting vehicles;
- two complexes of electronic warfare “Resident” and “Borisoglebsk”.
- self-propelled artillery installation;
- one volley fire system.
What is known about the situation in Avdiivka
- On March 20, Colonel Aleksey Dmitrashkovsky, head of the joint press center of the Defense Forces of the Tauride direction, confirmed that Avdeevka could soon become the second Bakhmut. However, the colonel assured that not everything was in order in the Russian units attacking in this direction.
- On March 21, the authorities called on people to leave the city. After all, approximately 1,900 people still remained in the settlement, of which seven were children.
- As of the morning of March 22, the American Institute for the Study of War stated that the enemy was increasing the pace of offensive operations around Avdiivka. All in order to cordon off the settlement.