“Solyanka” from the Russians: the major of the Armed Forces of Ukraine told in what conditions the Ukrainians are holding Bakhmut
The Russian occupiers do not abandon their attempts to capture Bakhmut in the Donetsk region. The situation in the city is very difficult, the enemy uses all the resources and constantly attacks. But the Armed Forces of Ukraine give a worthy rebuff to the enemy.
Major of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, ex-commander of the Azov Regiment Maxim Zhorin told about this on the air of Channel 24 . According to him, Russia has concentrated most of its efforts north of Bakhmut.
The Russians are attacking every hour
Zhorin noted that the situation in Bakhmut is becoming more complicated every day, heavy fighting continues. The invaders concentrated most of their efforts in the north of the city. And in the south, the Russians fail to advance, they receive a fitting rebuff from the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Ukrainian forces are now implementing stabilization and tactical improvement measures to reduce the threat of complete encirclement. The units that are in Bakhmut are now equipped, the wounded are being evacuated,” he said.
The Major of the Armed Forces of Ukraine stressed that Russia is attacking Ukrainian positions every hour. The Ukrainian fighters do not feel any alleged lack of ammunition among the invaders, which the Wagnerites complain about.
“In our positions, it is not felt that the enemy has a shortage of ammunition. This applies to both artillery shells and air strikes. All this continuously flies at our positions every hour,” Zhorin said.
Zhorin about the defense of Bakhmut: watch the video
“Solyanka” of the Russians goes on the offensive
Maxim Zhorin said that units are constantly changing in the Bakhmut direction. For a long time, the main force of the enemy was the Wagnerites, who used the tactics of small groups: they divided into those who are not at all sorry for, more important and conditional professionals who advanced behind everyone.
Subsequently, as noted by the military, PMC “Wagner” was replaced by regular units. However, for a week now, the Wagnerites have been advancing on Bakhmut, among whom there are already fewer convicts.
They also began to die here in huge numbers. We hear in intercepts how they whine. We see “hodgepodge” among the units, they mix them from everything that is: both regular units and Wagnerites mobilized from the occupied territories,” he says.
Zhorin added that the Russians use Bakhmut for their internal conflicts. For example, Wagner PMC owner Yevgeny Prigozhin uses his mercenaries to gain more power in Russia.
“Their internal conflicts led to a change of units. But now, most likely, this is due to the fact that the task is to achieve success at any cost. For this, they use absolutely all the resources they have,” he believes. Major of the Armed Forces
British intelligence about the situation in Bakhmut
- In Bakhmut in the Donetsk region, intense fighting continues. Ukrainian defense under the strongest pressure from the Russian invaders. This is reported by the British Ministry of Defense. The agency also reported the destruction of bridges by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- It is noted that the regular troops of Russia and the forces of PMC “Wagner” on March 4 made a further advance to the northern outskirts of the city. This part of Bakhmut is held by Ukraine but is vulnerable to Russian attacks from three sides.
- According to British intelligence, Ukraine is reinforcing this sector of the front with elite units.
- In the past 36 hours, two key bridges in Bakhmut have been destroyed, including a vital bridge connecting the city to the last main supply route from Bakhmut to the city of Chasov Yar, intelligence said.
- British intelligence states that Bakhmut's supply routes, held by Ukraine, are becoming more and more limited.