The decision to shoot down the American MQ-9 Reaper was made “at the highest level” in the Kremlin – NBC
The aggressive actions of the Russian military against the American MQ-9 Reaper drone were approved by the top leadership of the Kremlin. Although the invaders stated that they had nothing to do with the incident.
This was reported by US officials close to intelligence. It is likely that Russian aircraft dropped jet fuel on the MQ-9 Reaper in order to throw the drone off course or disable its surveillance capabilities.
The decision to shoot down the MQ-9 Reaper was made by the Kremlin
It was the intention of the Russian leadership to act aggressively during the interception,” one official said.
However, officials have not confirmed that these actions were coordinated with dictator Vladimir Putin. Other officials declined to provide details, only saying that the decision was made at the “highest level”.
Note! The Russian plane actually hit the propeller of the drone, but Moscow denies this. Some U.S. officials believe this was unintentional and was pilot error.
Downing of MQ-9 Reaper: latest news
- Around 07:00 on March 14, a Russian Su-27 crashed into an MQ-9 drone. Therefore, US forces sank the MQ-9 in international waters.
- Russia comes up with versions that the drone allegedly fell by itself or that it threatened Russia, although this is not true.
- Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin spoke with Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu about the incident over the Black Sea.
- A conversation is also expected between the Head of the US Joint Staff Committee, General Mark Milley, and the head of the Russian General Staff, Gerasimov.
- US State Department spokesman Ned Price said the actions of the Russian pilots were dangerous and unprofessional and could have “provoked a much bigger incident.”