The dog protected the puppy from one of the most venomous snakes in the world

World News

The dog protected the puppy from one of the most venomous snakes in the world

A five-year-old dog in the Australian city of Brisbane, Queensland, rescued a puppy from a deadly poisonous snake that appeared in the backyard of the owner's house. The website of the TV channel 9 News reports.

The dog owner, a paramedic named Madeline, said that a five-year-old Staffordshire Terrier named Milly and a five-month-old puppy Tonka met a brown netted snake – one of the most venomous snakes in the world – in her backyard. At this point, the Australian just woke up after the night shift.

When the woman heard the noise and ran out into the street, she saw that Millie had already started symptoms of snake poisoning. Apparently, the dog had received a reptile bite five minutes earlier. Multiple bite marks were visible on the dog's neck and paws. “She was protecting her little brother Tonka, who didn't get hurt,” Madeline explained.

The Australian woman took Millie to the vet. The dog was injected with antivenom and given a drip. The animal will have to spend a few more days with the veterinarian to rule out internal organ failure.

Zmeelov came to the woman's house and caught a reptile that had bitten the dog.

“As a paramedic, I have seen the many effects of brown mesh snake bites. But it’s very scary when this happens in your house, ”Madeline said.

Millie, who weighs 17 kilograms, very quickly developed signs of snake poisoning. “If it was a child who was left alone for a few minutes, you can imagine the consequences,” the paramedic warned.

The Australian urged other people to be vigilant, to mow the lawn in a timely manner, and also to be prepared for the fact that someone from their family will be bitten by a snake. “It's important to know the basics of first aid for a snakebite and have the phone number of a local snake catcher handy,” she said.

Reticulated brown snakes are some of the most venomous in the world. Their venom makes people dizzy, diarrhea, fatigued or convulsed, possibly with kidney failure, paralysis, and cardiac arrest. 60 percent of Australia's snakebite deaths occur in this species.

Earlier it was reported that in the Thai city of Krabi, brave domestic dogs selected a cobra and got on the video. The animals began to bark at the cobra and did not stop until it disappeared into the underbrush.

Leave a Reply