The goal of the enemy is to strike at the heart of the country, – Ignat about a large number of air defense systems around Kyiv
The massive rocket attacks of the invaders are aimed at intimidating the Ukrainian population and destroying cities. The capital of our state is a tasty morsel for invaders.
Yuri Ignat, speaker of the Air Force, announced this in an exclusive interview with Channel 24 . He explained why a lot of air defense systems are concentrated around Kyiv.
Most of Russia's attacks are directed at Kyiv
Ignat explained that the Russians were directing their attacks on the capital and its environs.
The goal of the enemy is to strike at the heart of the country. Therefore, it is clear that the area needs to be strengthened. Each region is covered by different systems, but the top military leadership of the state understands the priority goals of the enemy. Therefore, the lion's share of missiles and Shaheeds were shot down on the outskirts of the capital, the speaker says.
He noted that it is not always possible to detect and intercept all enemy missiles. The enemy is cunning and takes into account all the intelligence, especially those related to space and ground intelligence.
Ignat said that there is a large Russian agent in Ukraine, which helps the enemy with photographs and the discovery of Ukrainian positions.
In addition, when the A-50 takes off during the Ukrainian air defense exercises, he sees the approximate launch sites. Each time they are different, but they make up a certain algorithm.
What trick do the occupiers use during attacks?
An Air Force spokesman says the Russians are routing missiles and attack UAVs in such a way that they can even fly in circles.
“They use the terrain, the channels of the Dnieper, Dniester, Southern Bug, so that both the missile and the Shahid fly as low as possible. It is difficult to catch and shoot down an air target there, because they are not visible on radar. Cruise missiles are designed to cling to lower to the ground, scanning the terrain during the flight,” Ignat notes.
According to him, the medium-range air defense systems available in Ukraine cannot physically cover the entire country, they cover the most important strategic areas, critical infrastructure facilities and are constantly moving.
Poland will hand over MiG-29 to Ukraine: briefly
- Poland and Slovakia have recently officially agreed to a joint transfer of MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine. The head of the Office of the President of Poland, Pavel Schrot, said that we are talking about a small number of aircraft.
- On March 16, President Andrzej Duda said that in the coming days, Poland would transfer four MiG-29 combat aircraft to Ukraine for full operation. Note that Ukraine has armed MiG-29 aircraft.
- However, the Ukrainian Air Force needs the American F-16 multi-purpose aircraft. By and large, this type of aircraft will be able to replace a significant part of the aviation that is now in Ukraine.
- Recall that Ignat stressed that the F-16 is a priority choice for Ukraine. According to him, these aircraft are needed, first of all, to protect against Russian terrorist missile attacks on peaceful settlements and critical infrastructure.
- According to him, the F-16 will become a significant component of the overall air defense. Aircraft stationed in Ukraine are not as effective in combating missile attacks, as well as Russia's more modern fleet.