< p _ngcontent-sc181="" class="news-annotation">Russian invaders keep trying to occupy the entire Donetsk region. The Russians are trying to capture Bakhmut.
On January 20, Russian soldiers tried to break through the defense line, which contains one of the units of the State Border Service. The Ukrainian military spoiled the plans of the enemy.
How the border guards stopped the enemy
The border guards withstood the blow and stopped the advance of attack aircraft with small arms and grenade launchers.
Also, with the help of artillery and mortars, the border defenders fought with enemy infantry. The enemy was defeated and retreated with losses: 9 killed and approximately 17 wounded.
Our defenders successfully repulsed the enemy attack/Photo by the GNSU
The border guards liquidated enemy group/Photo GNSU
What is the situation in the Donetsk region: the main thing
- According to British intelligence, around the Donetsk region, in the Bakhmut direction, the Russian army and the Wagnerites are restoring their forces in Soledar.
- In general, according to British intelligence, the conflict has reached a dead end. However, there is a real possibility of the Russians moving around Bakhmut.
- Recently, the head of the Center for Military Legal Research, Alexander Musienko, said that hostilities are still ongoing in the city.
- According to him, an indicator that that even the enemy, in Russia, has no confidence, is manifested in the fact that they constantly announce that they have taken Soledar.
- During the battles near Soledar and Bakhmut, the Defense Forces managed to neutralize almost 14 thousand Wagnerites – liquidate 4 thousand, 10 thousand – inflict injuries.
- Russia has not been able to capture Bakhmut for several months now. Military experts reported that Putin ordered the invaders to capture Bakhmut by the end of March.