The occupiers again fired at the Sumy region from the territory of Russia
The consequences of the shelling of the Sumy region/Collage of 24 channels territory of Russia. This time the enemy hit the Sumy region with artillery. Belopolskaya, Vorozhbyanskaya, Novoslobodskaya communities suffered the most.
Losses and destruction are specified. Artillery fire on the Sumy region continued from the evening of the past day. This information was told in the Office of the President, Channel 24 reports.
The Russians used the Grad multiple launch rocket system to strike at Ukrainian cities. Moreover, the enemy despicably fired at civilian infrastructure from the Russian settlement of Ponura.
According to the State Border Service of Ukraine, private housing in one of the settlements of the Velikopisarevskaya territorial community received significant damage as a result of shelling.
View of a residential building after shelling by the Russians/photo of the State Border Guard Service
The head of the Sumy Regional Military Administration, Dmitry Zhivitsky, spoke about the shelling of the region. According to him, today at half past five in the morning the enemy fired at the village of Dmitrovka, Akhtyrka district, from the territory of enemy Russia. Fortunately, there were no casualties, but the invaders got into a private house of civilians.
He also noted that our troops repulsed the enemy attack with return fire and noted that there were no casualties from the Ukrainian side.
Russian troops ruthlessly attack the Sumy region
- The territory of the Sumy region continues to be under the gun of the enemy. More than 70 explosions were recorded on May 17 alone. More arrivals were recorded in Esmani, in the direction of Boyaro-Lezhachi and in the area of the settlement of Sopich.
- In the summary of the General Staff on April 17, it was reported that in the area of the settlement of Belokopytovo, Sumy region, the enemy fired mortars at units of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine.
- On May 7, the invaders launched a missile attack on the territory of the Miropol and Khoten communities. These settlements are located near the border with the Kursk region of Russia. As a result of an air strike, one border guard was injured.
- Russian troops launched a missile attack on the Shostka region. According to the State Border Guard Service, 10 rocket explosions fired by a multiple launch rocket system from Russia were recorded at a distance of about three kilometers from the state border.
- On the morning of May 12, the invaders launched an artillery strike on the Sumy region from the Russian settlement of Tetkino. Shells exploded on the outskirts of one of the settlements of the Belopolsky society. One civilian was killed as a result of the shelling. In addition, private houses were damaged.