PENZA, 13 July. / TASS /. The prosecutor's office of the Penza region has begun checking compliance with the legislation during the reconstruction of the only wooden planetarium in Russia in Penza, the building of which was dismantled. This was reported to TASS on Tuesday by the press service of the regional prosecutor's office.
Earlier, a number of media outlets reported that workers of the contractor company employed at the facility demolished the planetarium building, while the authorities promised to reconstruct it.
“On behalf of the regional prosecutor, an audit was organized to verify compliance with the requirements of the legislation in organizing and carrying out work on the reconstruction of the cultural heritage site of regional significance” Meteorological Observatory (wooden). In case of violations, appropriate response measures will be taken, “the press service noted.
Acting chairman of the regional committee for the protection of historical and cultural monuments, Alexander Ponyakin, told TASS that the dismantling of the planetarium building is envisaged by the project. “The project provides for the dismantling of the [old] and installation of a new planetarium building with an emphasis on constructive safety and reliability, because it is an object of mass visit. The contract provides for the dismantling of this building. Reconstruction is taking into account the preservation of its external appearance and architectural decor,” the agency's interlocutor said … According to him, due to the dilapidated state of the object, there are practically no elements left that can be used in the future.
Stanislav Blinov, chairman of the Penza regional department of the All-Russian Society for the Protection of Historical and Cultural Monuments (VOOPIIK), told TASS that city rights activists also filed a complaint with the police regarding the dismantling of the building. “We have submitted an application to the police and the prosecutor’s office, now the central council [VOOPIIK] will continue to deal with this,” he said. According to Blinov, the project involved the preservation and further use of 30% of the timber structures after the building was dismantled. “On the fact of the survey and sorting of logs, there are no logs, they are crushed with a bucket and sawed with a chainsaw,” he added.
According to the interlocutor, the city rights defenders have claims to the documentation, according to which the reconstruction of the project is being carried out. “Here are the main complaints about the documentation itself, how it was drawn up and how the building was examined. According to GOST on the preservation of [monuments] of wooden architecture, in principle, demolition is not permissible – the logging must be overhauled, lifting must be carried out, there is no concept of demolition. The contract is called “preservation of a cultural heritage object,” but what kind of preservation is it if everything has been broken, “Blinov added.
About the planetarium
The planetarium was created in 1954 on the site of an observatory that had been operating since 1928; in 2010 it was closed due to an emergency condition. In 2016, a schoolboy from Penza, Ivan Udalov, spoke about the situation with the planetarium in a direct line with Russian President Vladimir Putin. In August 2020, during a working trip to Penza, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Chernyshenko supported the allocation of funds for the reconstruction of the facility. The cost of the project is about 352 million rubles, it is designed for 2021-2023, the reconstruction of the planetarium is taking place within the framework of the national project “Culture”.