The representative of the pseudo-republic in the Donbas was not allowed to the Security Council, Nebenzya spat poison
The “representative” of the quasi-republic in the Donetsk region was not allowed to attend a meeting of the UN Security Council. Russia tried to push it through, and then threw a tantrum because of it.
The incident occurred on March 17 at a meeting of the UN Security Council. Russia introduced Daria Morozova, allegedly a “humanitarian activist”, who was supposed to make a presentation. 24 Channel .
Russia failed to push the terrorist to the UN Security Council
Russia tried to push the so-called “ombudswoman” of the quasi-republic in the Donetsk region, Daria Morozova, to the meeting of the UN Security Council.
Russia's permanent representative to the UN Vasily Nebenzya “sweared” that Morozova's speech should give the Security Council an “understanding of the real” situation in the Donbass. That is why he submitted a proposal for a representative of the occupying “power” to act as a “humanitarian activist.”
She should talk about the “catastrophic humanitarian situation” in the Donbass. But Nebenzya keeps “forgetting” to say that it is Russia that is to blame for the troubles of people in the Donetsk region, it is the Kremlin that shells their houses and takes their lives.
Further, Nebenzya again carried his traditional fables and convinced what Daria Morozova was “a helper for citizens.” He also said that the members of the UN Security Council “need to be informed.” However, these liars did not help Nebenzi achieve his goal.
US Ambassador to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield said that she is against the participation of the representative of the Russians in the occupied Donbas in the meeting of the UN Security Council.
That is why the States asked for a procedural vote on the participation of apostates of Russians. As a result of voting:
- 4 countries wanted to invite Morozova to speak. Among them are Russia and China;
- 8 – opposed;
- three more countries abstained from voting.
In the end, by a majority of votes, Morozov managed to prevent him from attending a meeting of the UN Security Council so that he would not spread propaganda there either.
US Ambassador Thomas-Greenfield said that the United States will not make any attempts by Russia to legitimize its declared occupation of Ukrainian territories .
Ukraine wants to expel Russia from the UN
- To make a decision in the UN Security Council, 9 votes are needed, that is, the consent of all permanent members. Russia takes advantage of this and regularly opposes it, blocking unfavorable decisions.
- At the end of 2022, the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs initiated the process of excluding Russia from the UN.
- Indeed, from the point of view of international law, the question of the status of a UN member state and a permanent member of the UN Security Council, which Russia enjoys, remains unsettled. The fact is that during the collapse of the Soviet Union, Yeltsin asked to confirm the powers of Russia in the UN bodies and transfer them from the representatives of the USSR to the UN to the representatives of Russia. However, there are many more details that you can read about behind the link.
- In early February 2023, the Foreign Ministry announced that it had already attracted Ukrainian and foreign international lawyers and developed a detailed, reasoned position on the illegitimacy of Russia's presence in the UN Security Council and the UN as a whole and the need to exclude it. Read more here.