The Russian Defense Ministry does not have a plan for a war with Ukraine, but there is a plan to destroy Prigozhin
In Russia, the conflict between the Ministry of Defense and the Wagner PMC is gaining momentum. This confrontation even partially distracts the occupiers from the war with Ukraine.
This Channel 24 was told by political strategist Mikhail Sheitelman. According to him, previously active conflicts took place in the Kremlin.
For example, Nikolai Patrushev, secretary of the Russian Security Council, could not find a common language with the Russian oligarchs Kovalchuks. In particular, with Yuri Kovalchuk, who is called Vladimir Putin's “personal banker”.
A “military conflict” between the Ministry of Defense and Wagner PMC flares up in RussiaHowever, as the political consultant noted, these disputes had no effect on the course of hostilities in Ukraine. Now the conflict between the Ministry of Defense and the owner of the Wagner PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, has escalated significantly.
This is not some kind of undercover conflict or intrigue. This is a real military conflict. The question is who has more army. Who is stronger today – PMC “Wagner” or the Russian army, – said Sheitelman.
According to him, so far it looks like the Russian army is ahead of the Wagnerites in terms of power. In addition, today representatives of the Russian authorities are creating their own military companies.
“And the private military company of Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu? And the private military companies of the governors, which are now being created? Who among them is stronger? Finding out all these points distracts them from the war in Ukraine,” the political consultant said.
Russia has no plan for war with Ukraine
Moreover, the leadership of the Russian Ministry of Defense today does not really understand what to do with the situation that has developed on the battlefield in Ukraine.
The Russian command has no plan for a war with Ukraine. But the Russian Ministry of Defense has plans to fight Prigozhin,” Sheitelman emphasized.
According to him, the Russian Ministry of Defense had some clear plans for military operations only at the beginning of a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
- The Russians had a plan A, which they began to implement 11 months ago, when they began attack on Ukraine. However, this plan failed miserably.
- Further on, the invaders had a plan B, when the Russian leadership decided to attack only the Donbass. As Sheitelman noted, however, the Russians were unable to implement these tasks either.
Controversy diverts the attention of the occupiers from the war
The political strategist noted that since then no one has heard of any plan. According to him, the point is not that he is being hidden. The Russian leadership simply does not know how to draw up such a plan, given the presence of an actual rival, the Wagner PMC.
“If this plan is to be developed by the Ministry of Defense, then which side should the Wagnerites be drawn on? Here they are drawing the battlefield. Are the Wagnerites fighting from the side of Ukraine or from the side of Russia? Sheitelman said.
He added that today the Russian military leadership is “afraid” to develop such plans. And this whole situation leads to the fact that they are not at all up to the war with Ukraine.
Conflicts in Russia: in short
- US intelligence has confirmed competition between the Department of Defense and the Wagner group. There is a “split” between Prigozhin and officials of the Russian Ministry of Defense as a result of constant competition.
- According to the American Institute for the Study of War, the Wagner PMC opposes the Russian army, but at the same time parasitizes on it.
- According to British journalists, the Russian Ministry of Defense and PMC “Vagnera” compete with each other for the favor of Putin. Prigozhin seeks the legalization of his criminal organization and speaks openly about thousands of his dead soldiers. However, such a number of losses seriously scares the current Russian prisoners.