Russian invaders in the Black Sea are systematically conducting reconnaissance. The Armed Forces of Ukraine are fixing and grounding enemy aircraft.
The head of the joint coordination press center of the Defense Forces of southern Ukraine, Natalia Gumenyuk, said on the air of the telethon that our military is observing certain enemy activity. In particular, at a time when the enemies are preparing to carry out missile strikes.
What the Russians are doing in the Black Sea
As a rule, they (Russians – Channel 24) are really interested in critical infrastructure facilities, and they were hardly moved in a certain period of time. Most of the attention of such drones is focused on military facilities, including air defense systems, which they (the Russians – Channel 24) are trying to find in order to drown them out in one of the waves of attacks,” said Natalia Gumenyuk.
Which Russian drones were shot down
On January 20, the Ukrainian military shot down two Russian reconnaissance drones Orlan-10 and Merlin-VR.
The head of the joint coordination press center explained that the Russian drone Merlin-VR is not new for Russians, because the enemies use a certain list.
But not every drone can be immediately identified, because it happens that nothing remains of an enemy drone.
How it leads a Russian naval group in the Black Sea
Natalya Gumenyuk said that Russian ships are on combat duty in the open Black Sea.
The number of launch vehicles has somewhat changed down. That is, if there were 6 of them the day before, now (as of the morning of January 21 – Channel 24) there are 5 of them. One submarine entered the base point, which can indicate a lot: either about problems, or about responding to a storm, or about re-equipment, – explained the head of the press center.
As of January 21:
- the total volley of the enemy is estimated at 36 “calibers” that are ready;
- the total grouping consists of 11 ships. Including those that launch reconnaissance drones.
Natalya Gumenyuk explained that, in principle,enemies are ready to start shelling. However, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are also prepared for enemy attacks.
The head of the Joint Coordination Press Center of the Defense Forces of the South of Ukraine once again urged peopleto respond to air raid signals.
What preceded this
- As of January 20, in the Black Sea, the enemies kept 6 rocket carriers, including two underwater ones. The total salvo could reach 40 Caliber missiles.
- As of January 19, the hostile ship grouping consisted of 11 units. Of these, 6 are rocket carriers. In total, in this case, there could have been 40 missiles.
- On January 18, the Russian invaders kept 16 ships at sea, 6 of which were missile carriers. Then the total salvo of the enemy reached up to 44 missiles.