The young man who brutally killed the peacock was taken into custody
The Bukovinian who killed the peacock was taken into custody/Collage of Channel 24
An 18-year-old Bukovinian who brutally killed a peacock was taken into custody for 60 days without the right to make bail. The court granted the appeal of the Chernivtsi district prosecutor's office.
The court overturned the decision of the previous instance
The guy is suspected of cruelty to animals. This is stated in the message of the Chernivtsi prosecutor's office.
The Chernivtsi Court of Appeal satisfied the appeal of the Chernivtsi District Prosecutor's Office, overturned the decision of the court of first instance and elected a Bukovinian who inflicted bodily harm on a peacock with particular cruelty, a measure of restraint in the form of detention for 60 days, the report says.
According to the prosecutor's office, the preventive measure is 60 days without an alternative to bail.
Earlier, the Gluboksky District Court chose a preventive measure for the suspect in the form of round-the-clock house arrest. The prosecutor's office promised to appeal this decision to the Court of Appeal.
Pay attention!Under Ukrainian law, animal cruelty is punishable by imprisonment for 1 to 3 years or 2 to 3 years in prison.
A guy killed a peacock for fun
- The incident took place in the village of Karapchev, that in the Chernivtsi region. The video was published by ANIMAL HELPERS.
- In the video, you can see how a very drunk young man, while relaxing with friends, grabbed a peacock by the neck and began to beat him to the ground with all his might.
- Under loud screams and laughter of friends guy continued to kill the bird. In the end, he threw the already motionless peacock. Unfortunately, no one stopped the attacker, rather, on the contrary, his friends encouraged him.
- The video literally stirred up social networks – Ukrainians were indignant at the cruelty of the guy and demanded punishment for his actions.
- Subsequently, law enforcement officers identified the attacker . It turned out to be a 20-year-old resident of the village of Karapchev, a car service worker.
The video contains scenes of violence, so Channel 24 will not publish it. However, this video can still be viewed by clicking on the link.