Azovstal is no longer at war, but murders are taking place/Channel 24 collage
Cynical attacks and killings of wounded people take place daily at the Azovstal plant, who, despite exhaustion and pain, continue to defend Mariupol.
The Wife of a soldier of the Azov Regiment, Natalya Zaritskaya, told about this during a briefing held on May 14 by the Ukraina media center. Channel 24 collected the most important of his appeals to the world community.
Russians shell the seriously wounded and wounded Azovites
According to Natalya Zaritskaya, today within the walls of Azovstal there are dormouse of wounded soldiers without limbs. They do not have the necessary medicines for pain relief. At the same time, by bombing the plant, Russian infidels inflict more and more injuries.
New bombardments inflict new wounds on already wounded soldiers. They are exhausted and are right on the edge of life. We want them to be rescued, says the fighter's wife.
She notes that surrendering is also not an option for them.
We have precedents when fighters were taken prisoner and then executed. For them, captivity means death,” says Zaritskaya.
The only option to save these exhausted soldiers may be the extraction procedure, that is, the withdrawal of personnel from Mariupol to the area controlled by friendly forces or partners of Ukraine.
Let's remind. A petition has been created on the Change.org website calling for the rescue of all those on the territory of Azovstal. The appeal is addressed to the UN and its head António Guterres.
The activists demand an urgent extraction procedure. This means the evacuation of all civilians, wounded and military personnel, as well as the removal of the bodies of Ukrainians from the blocked Mariupol. It involves:
- ensure an urgent ceasefire with guarantees on both sides in Mariupol;
- organize immediate monitoring of compliance with the ceasefire by a third party;
- organize sea evacuation of the civilian population and Ukrainian military personnel to the territory controlled by the Ukrainian government or to the territory of a third intermediary state. Maritime evacuation may be accompanied by a land-based humanitarian corridor for the civilian population and the military to territory controlled by the Ukrainian government or to a third intermediary state.
Evacuation of Azovstal fighters: latest news
- Now the Ukrainian side is negotiating with the Russian invaders on the evacuation of 60 people from Azovstal in Mariupol. This information was confirmed by the Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories, Irina Vereshchuk.
- Sergey Kislitsa at a meeting of the UN Security Council called for the continuation of the evacuation operation from Mariupol and, in particular, Azovstal. According to him, people need to be taken to a safe place where their right to life will be guaranteed.
- Irina Vereshchuk said that a new round of negotiations has now started on a roadmap for the evacuation of seriously wounded people from Mariupol. Representatives of the Red Cross on May 13 held a meeting with the Russians. According to the minister, Turkey acted as a mediator in the current round of negotiations.
- The call to save the defenders of Azovstal was made by the ex-presidents of Ukraine – Leonid Kuchma, Viktor Yushchenko and Petro Poroshenko. They appealed to the member states of the European Union, the United States of America, Canada, China, Turkey, as well as the UN.