“They didn’t feel fear then”: how marines rescued wounded brethren under shelling


“They didn’t feel fear then”: how marines rescued wounded brethren under shelling

Ukrainian defenders with the call signs “Gazda” and “Sparrow” under heavy enemy fire carried the wounded brethren on their shoulders.

As you know, the guys from the first days of the large-scale invasion of the Russians stood up to defend their homeland. Recently, they carried their comrades out from under the noses of the Russians.

Due to the constant shelling, I had to move without a car

“Gazda” says that on that day a group of aerial reconnaissance officers carried out a combat mission near the village, where enemy units were present.

The group consisted of three fellow Marines with whom we were very good friends. It so happened that they came under fire and were injured. Their driver, who was a few kilometers away, passed this information on to our command and invited help,” the warrior says.

According to him, there were several attempts to evacuate the wounded soldiers, but close to the village there was heavy shelling, which did not allow the evacuation group to approach at least a kilometer to the aerial reconnaissance aircraft.

At this time, the wounded guys were able to get to the reeds near the village. They managed to convey the landmarks of their habitat, and then the connection with them was cut off. Already by that time it was known that among them he was seriously wounded, he was quickly losing blood , the rest of the military had a stable condition.

“When we learned that they could not be taken away, we asked the command to give us an attempt to enter the village and find the guys. The commander agreed. We had to act quickly. We knew the approximate location of the wounded. It was almost three kilometers to the point,” says ” Gazda”.

Since it was impossible to drive near the car because of the shelling, the fighters began to look for alternative ways. This operation was joined by an aerial reconnaissance driver, who called for help.

The wounded fighters were not going to surrender

Marines passed through the neighborhood of the occupied village. Their route ran through the courtyards of private houses, which were several hundred meters from the positions of the Rashists.

“During our advance , an enemy tank began to fire at the building where we stopped for a break . A small battle also began nearby, heavy armored vehicles engines were heard. We could not make fire contact so as not to expose ourselves. So we continued to move through the yards”, says the defender.

“Gazda” says that they did not feel fear then , everyone only thought how to save their brothers as quickly as possible. After all, there was information that they lose blood and from time to time consciousness.

In turn, “Sparrow” says that it was rather difficult to find the wounded: the reed field is large, but there are no specific landmarks. The only known landmark is a tree, and there were several dozen of them in the field.

In addition, it was necessary to move quietly and imperceptibly. On the left traces of blood and abandoned equipment, they first found the first one. A few tens of meters later, another aerial reconnaissance aircraft lay, the third wounded man was hidden in the grass. The guys were conscious and glad to see us,” the warrior adds.

“Sparrow” remembered how one of the brothers inserted a check into a grenade . It became clear that they did not plan to surrender.

Comrades were carried in turn

Marines say that the brethren had injuries to the abdomen, neck and other parts of the body. One of them could not move independently.

“One was in a rather serious condition. We had to carry it one by one. We also took away their equipment with important information that should not have fallen into the hands of the enemy. Only the backpack weighed about 40 kilograms. The way back seemed literally difficult , “- the soldier says.

According to him, they were returning back along a new route – safer, but longer. When leaving the reed field, the group was repeatedly fired upon. Fortunately, the thickets were quite thick, and the invaders could not visually see the defenders.

“So we were able to leave this area without loss , and after a kilometer we made the first halt. It was a more or less safe distance, and we were able to catch our breath. After another three kilometers, a car was waiting for us, which took our group and delivered us to a medical facility” , – Sparrow recalls.

As a result of the heroic efforts of the infantrymen, medical assistance was provided to all the wounded aerial reconnaissance aircraft. The guys are currently undergoing treatment in military hospitals . In addition, the information they received helped intelligence to find out where enemy equipment and manpower were concentrated.

Leave a Reply