They recruit 20 times fewer people than before – human rights activist on mobilization in Donbas

news

They recruit 20 times fewer people than before – human rights activist about mobilization in Donbas

In the territory of the occupied Donbas, the Russians continue to mobilize local men. Since the beginning of 2023, the occupiers have banned the deferment from the army, which was provided earlier. They again conduct a medical commission for all men under the age of 60.

The human rights activist Pavel Lisyansky told Channel 24 about this. According to him, 16-17-year-olds are also summoned to the medical commission, and they are not allowed to leave the temporarily occupied territory.

With the help of intimidation, the number of mobilized people is increased

The human rights activist named another “innovation” of the Russians. Previously, a person who evaded mobilization was found, taken to the military registration and enlistment office and then sent to military training.

But now, when Russian legislation began to operate in the occupied territories, he is immediately charged with violating a certain article (if he received a summons and did not appear at the military registration and enlistment office), the punishment for which is 10 years in prison, he noted.

Lisyansky stressed that using this particular instrument of intimidation, the occupiers are trying to increase the number of men who first go through a medical commission, after which they are recruited, and then they are sent to the front.

Ukrainians are being pushed out of the occupied Donbas

“Today, the number of mobilized people is much less than it was a year ago. On February 23, 2022, the invaders could gather about 900-1100 mobilized people from Donetsk alone in a day. Today, if they gather 5-7 people, it's good for them,” he said. . he.

According to him, now there are almost no men left in the occupied territories of Donbass – the outflow of people continues. Crazy money is earned by illegal carriers along with the occupation administrations.

The task of the Kremlin is to oust the Ukrainians from the temporarily occupied territory so that the historical memory is not preserved. Many people remember what happened when Donbas was Ukrainian, and they see what is happening now, when Russia came,” he stressed.

He noted that this applies to both the territories occupied in 2014 and the beginning of a full-scale Russian invasion.

How the mobilization in the occupied Donbas is going: watch the video

The Russians want to bring up to 40 thousand policemen to the occupied territories

“The local population sees the actions of the invaders and they form a negative opinion about the Russians. What can they do about it? They simply push people out of the occupied territories,” Lysyansky said.

According to him, instead of Ukrainians inhabited by Russians. The invaders are now trying to open more than 100 Russian police stations in the temporarily occupied territories. For this, they attract 35-40 thousand Russian policemen, who are sent there on a business trip.

“The authorities tell them that if you go with your families, we will give you “lifting” money. This is a strategy to populate these territories with your own, and they simply throw ours away,” the human rights activist emphasized.

The situation in the Donetsk region: latest news

  • On January 20, Russia again attacked the Donetsk region. This time it hit Kramatorsk with three missiles. The Russians damaged infrastructure facilities. In particular, a kindergarten, a school and a private dispensary. There were no casualties or injuries.
  • Fighters of the 24th separate mechanized brigade named after King Daniel congratulated the Ukrainians on the Day of Unity. The defenders hung the Ukrainian flag on the TV tower in Bakhmut. The soldiers stressed that they are defending the city now and will defend it to the end.
  • The Russian invaders are preparing a new provocation in the Donbass. To do this, the invaders stole the OSCE car. The international organization stressed that the OSCE is absent in the Donbass. Meanwhile, a video has already appeared on social networks of Russian militants transporting stolen cars.

Leave a Reply