This is a powerful signal for Russia, – Tiesenhausen explained when Ukraine will start negotiations
Tiesenhausen on the negotiations between Ukraine and Russia/Channel 24 Collage
Ukraine has no plans to resume negotiations with Russia yet. However, Ukrainian and European leaders have increasingly begun to say that Ukraine will regain all territories, including Crimea and Donbass. This may indicate that we are aggravating our negotiating positions.
This was told to Channel 24 by political strategist and reputation management expert Boris Tizenhausen. He thinks so, because the other day, Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov said that Ukraine would return to both the Donbass and the Crimea.
Tiesenhausen says that the official spoke about these three for a reason right now stages.
And not only him. As I understand it, the French side, after a visit to Kyiv, started talking about the fact that Ukraine would return all its territories. This is a very powerful signal for Russia that Ukraine is strengthening its negotiating position. – noted the political strategist.
He said that Ukraine's position is not to sit down at the negotiating table on any terms to end the war.
According to Tizenhausen, Ukraine will negotiate when Russia simply has no way out. “And I understand that we are moving towards this“, he added.
Negotiations between Ukraine and Russia: latest news
- The head of the Ukrainian negotiating delegation, David Arakhamia, said that Ukraine is in a weak negotiating position, so the resumption of negotiations is not the time. According to him, now it is important to strengthen the counteroffensive of the Ukrainian troops.
- Recently, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov emphasized that weapons from the West would help Ukraine return the territories of Crimea and Donbas occupied by Russia. But this will not happen as quickly as we would like.
- According to him, Ukraine already has a plan to win this war. The first step will be to stabilize the situation on the ground in order to prevent further losses of the Armed Forces. The second stage is necessary in order to push the Russian troops back to their positions before the 24 February invasion. The sacking of Crimea will only be discussed at the third stage.
- On June 16, Emmanuel Macron said that Germany and France would never act as Ukraine's negotiators to resolve the war with Russia. The president will conduct negotiations with Russia.
- At the same time, President Volodymyr Zelensky stressed that any war must end with negotiations, because they are the ones that can save people's lives. However, Vladimir Putin does not understand this.
- Recall that on May 17, Mikhail Podolyak, adviser to the head of the Presidential Office, said that the negotiation process with Russia over the war had been temporarily suspended. According to him, Russia does not change its directives.
- Earlier, David Arakhamia commented on the termination of the negotiation process. According to him, there is no reason yet to offer Russia to negotiate. He stressed that Ukraine will continue negotiations when it receives the weapons promised from partners and strengthens its position in the negotiations.