This is only the beginning and a signal to Russia, – Zhdanov about the warrant for the arrest of Putin
The office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine sent an indictment to the court against the commander of the central military district of Russia on the facts of encroachment on the territorial integrity and inviolability of Ukraine. We are talking, in particular, about planning, preparing, unleashing and waging an aggressive war.
The investigation established that the Colonel-General of the Russian Armed Forces, heading the Center group, was directly involved in the preparation and organization of the invasion of subordinate units into the territory of Ukraine. Military expert Oleg Zhdanov said this in a stream on his YouTube channel, Channel 24 reports.
“Pack your bags, Mr. Lapin!”
The surname is not yet known. But, Zhdanov notes, we can assume that Colonel-General Alexander Lapin was in charge during this period. The case is referred to the court, which is likely to issue a verdict. Then we, through international law enforcement agencies such as Interpol, will demand the extradition of this criminal.
This is the start of a long journey. Vladimir Putin was the first to blaze this path,” says the military expert.
The dictator's supporters say they don't care. Like, this court has no power.
“Very much so. Especially the reaction of international leaders – even Olaf Scholz said that no one can be above the law and supported the arrest warrant for Putin issued by the International Criminal Court. Before that, Joe Biden welcomed the decision,” Zhdanov stressed.
He emphasizes that in this way Russia is shown that it is a pariah country. Russian alone against the entire civilized world.
For Lapin, pack your bags. Sooner or later you will be betrayed, you will not go anywhere. After our victory, the main war criminals who committed lawlessness on our territory will be extradited, this is 100%. It always happens this way – the middle and top managers are responsible, – Zhdanov notes.
The people who remove Putin from office, the military expert is sure, will be extradited. Thus, they will be able to initially make amends and create the basis for the negotiation process and further settlement of the situation around the future existence of the Russian state.
Zhdanov about the arrest of Colonel General Lapin: watch the video
What impact does the decision have on Putin
- On March 17, the International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin. Only the fact of its publication had a tremendous impact on the Russian dictator.
- According to political analyst Igor Reiterovich, the issuance of a warrant for Putin's arrest by the ISS is a precedent, because it concerns the leader of a nuclear state for the first time.
- Mechanisms and tools to bring the head of the Kremlin to justice do not actually exist yet. They will need to be worked out in the process of this case. However, this story is very important from a political and symbolic point of view.
- The fact that this warrant is issued will change a lot. In particular, regarding the perception of Russia and Putin, as well as the reaction of other countries to the processes that are currently taking place and are associated with the aggressor country.
- How the order affected Putin himself and his regime – read in the material.